Problem with the brand new Polo Match

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ashtons99
New

Re: Problem with the brand new Polo Match

Post by ashtons99 »

Has any progress been made with this. My lad has a 1.4TSI GT blue. It is making what I think is the noise you describe. I heard it first of all whilst sitting in the car, a very light buzzing type noise but when I lifted the bonnet it is a distinctive buzz/rattle which is coming from the top of the engine or possibly the end of the engine on the passenger side of it.
DamnRian
New
Drives: VW Polo Match

Post by DamnRian »

ashtons99 wrote:Has any progress been made with this. My lad has a 1.4TSI GT blue. It is making what I think is the noise you describe. I heard it first of all whilst sitting in the car, a very light buzzing type noise but when I lifted the bonnet it is a distinctive buzz/rattle which is coming from the top of the engine or possibly the end of the engine on the passenger side of it.
Spot on mate! -- Exactly that. I lifted the bonnet up and the rattle noise coming from top of the engine/top-left of the engine but my one coming from the driver's side of it.

Do you have an update on the GT and what the problem is? My dealership currently has no idea apart from the fact that there is this noise and it's persistent when on local roads.
ashtons99
New

Post by ashtons99 »

We are going to get it booked in at the local dealers, they have been pretty good with a couple if faults on it while he's owned it so see how they do with this. I will update on here as and when I have anything
DamnRian
New

Post by DamnRian »

ashtons99 wrote:We are going to get it booked in at the local dealers, they have been pretty good with a couple if faults on it while he's owned it so see how they do with this. I will update on here as and when I have anything
I will get an update tomorrow/Thursday the latest, but so far, it is heading in the way of the replacement as they had it for 2 working days and still zero. Plus, the fact that I am pushing for an answer (rightly so, as they are being lazy whilst my original dealer is awaiting response) is making them panic so they probably just want to get rid of me at this point with the report of them finding nothing. :roll:

How long has it been that he had his GT? Considering one myself (either R-Line or GT as a replacement) and wanted to get an idea of what problem he's encountered so far. Hope I am done with faults on Polos..
DamnRian
New

Post by DamnRian »

Willni wrote: When the cars in next about the situation I'd just politely ask at this point what's the likelihood of a complete replacement at this stage of the process, and then ask if you are to get a replacement can you select a different sub model like the r-line etc.
Hey, a bit of an update on the replacement:
Dealership told me they're willing to give me the replacement since it's under warranty so I have the power to wait for the fault to be found or I can just request the new car. They told me to update the situation to the VW Finance, and rightly so, I have done this too.

The VW Finance guys stated they are more likely to give the like-for-like same model and specification car as this is their only standard option. I have told them that the car will stay the same (Polo) but I want to go from the Match to an R-Line, everything else stays the same. At which point he wasn't sure because it's the same model and same spec but a different variation of the car. He said I will have to apply when I update the situation through a form. It's at their discretion, which sucks!

Going to the selling dealership on Thursday to sit with the person who sold me the car. Hope he can sort me out but so far, it looks like chances of an R-line are fading. :(
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that a different version would make it a different "sales model" so that might end up being a sticking point, so a Polo is a Polo is a Polo will not be quite true in this case. Or different "sales designation" - same problem possibly!
DamnRian
New

Post by DamnRian »

RUM4MO wrote:I think that a different version would make it a different "sales model" so that might end up being a sticking point, so a Polo is a Polo is a Polo will not be quite true in this case. Or different "sales designation" - same problem possibly!
Understandable. However, what the correspondent failed to realise (strange, since he works for the company) that I am sticking with a Polo and same specs, but just a different variation. Upon stating that, he kept repeating the fact that it is not possible to go from a Polo to a Golf and if I have a 1.4 Golf, I will have to stick to a 1.4 Golf. I will make the application on Thursday, it's on the supervisor's discretion, so hopefully it all goes to plan. if not, my Match Edition will do since I love it.
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

DamnRian wrote:
RUM4MO wrote:I think that a different version would make it a different "sales model" so that might end up being a sticking point, so a Polo is a Polo is a Polo will not be quite true in this case. Or different "sales designation" - same problem possibly!
Understandable. However, what the correspondent failed to realise (strange, since he works for the company) that I am sticking with a Polo and same specs, but just a different variation. Upon stating that, he kept repeating the fact that it is not possible to go from a Polo to a Golf and if I have a 1.4 Golf, I will have to stick to a 1.4 Golf. I will make the application on Thursday, it's on the supervisor's discretion, so hopefully it all goes to plan. if not, my Match Edition will do since I love it.
Unless they go with the option of replacement with compensation, which may give you a boost, more than likely an extra or two since theres £3500 difference between the match and r-line. But you could if you were prepared to ask if you were to add some money could you be upgraded, not ideal but if you would prefer the look of the r-line.

Personally I'd ask if there was any chance of being upgraded to a polo beats since it's more within reason for a free upgrade or stick with the original match and ask for a years volkswagen insurance since then neither of you are losing out, but you'll be getting your insurance which would be expensive for you, but it becomes more viable for volkswagen since they'll have a mass fleet insurance so it wont affect them
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

But at the end of the day, your dealership has been nice about the whole thing so I wouldn't be trying to force anything just ask politely, if you get anything fair enough, if not well you got a brand new car again anyway lol so happy days.
DamnRian
New

Post by DamnRian »

Willni wrote:
DamnRian wrote:
Unless they go with the option of replacement with compensation, which may give you a boost, more than likely an extra or two since theres £3500 difference between the match and r-line. But you could if you were prepared to ask if you were to add some money could you be upgraded, not ideal but if you would prefer the look of the r-line.

Personally I'd ask if there was any chance of being upgraded to a polo beats since it's more within reason for a free upgrade or stick with the original match and ask for a years volkswagen insurance since then neither of you are losing out, but you'll be getting your insurance which would be expensive for you, but it becomes more viable for volkswagen since they'll have a mass fleet insurance so it wont affect them
Do you think they can do the replacement with compensation? I thought creating this hassle was enough to cover an upgrade (the most decent thing to do since I am in a remote area through exams and no car) but these people look like they're not ready to do so. VW Finance told me like-for-like and 50/50 chance of an upgrade to an R-Line. I don't know what extra to get, if offered any (more likely will be as the manager mentioned today) since I already put the necessary ones. If the R-Line doesn't happen I will try and get an amount (the extras that I paid for maybe?) off the total price.

My dealer is nice, so I will try and get him to get me the upgrade and let him convince them. At the end of the day, the problem arose on their car. IF not, happy days, I get my car back anyway! :)

Honestly, I wouldn't have pushed/request for anything at all if on the first day of the problem they just replaced it instead of telling me "we're not sure but we will try". Holding back 3 weeks, no definite problem solution and just "we will call you when we find something" rings some compensation and a few generosities to me for not terminating my agreement and move to an A1 or 1 series (same monthly price as I am paying for my Match).
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

DamnRian wrote: Do you think they can do the replacement with compensation? I thought creating this hassle was enough to cover an upgrade (the most decent thing to do since I am in a remote area through exams and no car) but these people look like they're not ready to do so. VW Finance told me like-for-like and 50/50 chance of an upgrade to an R-Line. I don't know what extra to get, if offered any (more likely will be as the manager mentioned today) since I already put the necessary ones. If the R-Line doesn't happen I will try and get an amount (the extras that I paid for maybe?) off the total price.

My dealer is nice, so I will try and get him to get me the upgrade and let him convince them. At the end of the day, the problem arose on their car. IF not, happy days, I get my car back anyway! :)

Honestly, I wouldn't have pushed/request for anything at all if on the first day of the problem they just replaced it instead of telling me "we're not sure but we will try". Holding back 3 weeks, no definite problem solution and just "we will call you when we find something" rings some compensation and a few generosities to me for not terminating my agreement and move to an A1 or 1 series (same monthly price as I am paying for my Match).
Literally it's entirely up to the dealer at the end of the day, at least yours they already said let's replace it. There's plenty in England people say completely avoid eg the one I went to Kings Lynn in England, if it wasn't a 10 year old car I'd have been wanting a long time I'd have walked away. Especially when all the ones in Northern Ireland are great!
DamnRian
New

Post by DamnRian »

Willni wrote: Literally it's entirely up to the dealer at the end of the day, at least yours they already said let's replace it. There's plenty in England people say completely avoid eg the one I went to Kings Lynn in England, if it wasn't a 10 year old car I'd have been wanting a long time I'd have walked away. Especially when all the ones in Northern Ireland are great!
Yes, just scheduled an appointment and going to accept what they give at this point. Just want the car ahh..

Just checked on the status of the "repair" they are apparently doing when I went to collect some stuff from my car. It's been 5 days and the car did not even move from the position I parked it for them. Steering wheel exact same angle as I left it. This is although 2 days ago they promised VW customer service when she called that they were stripping the car to find the problem "as they were speaking". I don't know if the rage inside my head is because I am so close to lose it all or just anger towards the lying of the manager in my face whilst smiling at me.
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

DamnRian wrote:
Just checked on the status of the "repair" they are apparently doing when I went to collect some stuff from my car. It's been 5 days and the car did not even move from the position I parked it for them. Steering wheel exact same angle as I left it. This is although 2 days ago they promised VW customer service when she called that they were stripping the car to find the problem "as they were speaking". I don't know if the rage inside my head is because I am so close to lose it all or just anger towards the lying of the manager in my face whilst smiling at me.
Play the long game and say how much you really need the car etc so fake distress puts pressure on them then and more likely to get sorted quicker
DamnRian
New

Post by DamnRian »

Willni wrote:
DamnRian wrote:
Play the long game and say how much you really need the car etc so fake distress puts pressure on them then and more likely to get sorted quicker
The sad thing is that I actually need my car and I can't stress it enough to which the reply is "Do you have a rental, it is a must our customers are mobile" "You do? that should be fine" -- no dude, it is not. I want my own car back, I want to spend money on my own car not your rental.

Will report this to VW customer care tomorrow first thing. Unacceptable that you're a) leading fake promises to fake beliefs and b) did not do any work whatsoever for the 5 days you had the car, bar Easter breaks.
DamnRian
New

Post by DamnRian »

Hey, just a bit an update, which is crucial at this point:

My selling dealer contacted the dealer that has my car and after not spending an hour for the past 5 days they magically "stripped the car" and couldn't find any problem. To which I rebutted that it is not possible as it will take a few days of labour (stated by him). So he's clearly lying. Called finance and VW customer care and was really upset. Explained them everything and although they were shady they called him and he changed his story to "currently stripping the car" and then to "it will take a few days, I will all you back (he never does it though)."

At this point I stated how I would cancel the agreement if no replacement car is given. They said they couldn't identify the problem but can solve the problem (how can they do that). I would probably have to cancel the agreement with them. I paid deposit and 3 months worth of payments. They sad cancellation discharge is £5890 to which I am not paying anything, I told them.

This is so frustrating. VW customer care said it is up to the selling dealer, called them and they said if the they can't find anything by next week they will think what to do. Think? They are lucky at this point I did not already cancel the agreement.

I don't know what else to do, might move to BMW since their 1 series has the same monthly payment as the Polo. Insurance is 200 quid more but for a 1 series it's not even bad..

Any advice?