6R GTI coilovers on non-gti

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
EdwardBall
New
Drives: Lowered Polo 6R

6R GTI coilovers on non-gti

Post by EdwardBall »

My good friend is getting new coilovers and so will be selling his old ones. They're extremely good, I've driven with him before and I was very impressed, and he was lower than I like to be. He's willing to give them to me for practically nothing, and considering they're nearly £1000 coilovers its very tempting. However, they were sold as 'gti-specific' coilovers. It was my understanding that mechanically the suspension setups should be identical, so they should be interchangeable, but having done some research it seems its about the spring rates, due to the gti being heavier?

Does anyone know how this would affect the car and perhaps ride comfort, and could anyone confirm that gti and non-gti suspension would at least fit the same, even if the springs are different? I guess I could always search for some non-gti springs to replace them, as I think it's only the fronts which are different? Any advice?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: 6R GTI coilovers on non-gti

Post by iichel »

depends what kind of car you have, but in general i would recommend not to do it due to different axle weight indices