"Inspection in 12 days" on multifunction display

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Guy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI

"Inspection in 12 days" on multifunction display

Post by Guy »

My GTI's display is showing "Inspection in 12 days" on the display between the speedo and rev counter.

However this is a little way short of twelve months from the last service since when I have not quite covered eleven hundred miles. The oil on the dipstick is still clean. My mileage is a mixture of short trips and some longer ones. It's far from a daily use car.

I wondered if this inspection date is something which is entered manually by the garage at each service or something which the car's computer calculates.

I really would prefer to stick to strictly annual servicing given my very low mileage but on the other hand I don't want to risk compromising my warranty. But it would be annoying if every year the service date keeps moving back.

Can anyone shed light on how this Inspection Date mechanism works? And also by how much would you have to overshoot an Inspection Date by to affect your warranty?

Many thanks
Jessesam
New
Drives: BlueGT

Re: "Inspection in 12 days" on multifunction display

Post by Jessesam »

If your car is on time and distance only the oil service light would have been reset at first service and inspection time is set when the car had its PDI at dealer so should come on 24 months after this inspection. The dealer should then just reset relevant part of indicator when serviced so oil every 12 months and inspection every 24 months.
Guy
Bronze Member

Post by Guy »

So does that mean I should be OK warranty-wise to wait until the 24 months is (very nearly) up before having the inspection?

Perhaps I should double check with the dealership next week.
Jessesam
New
Drives: BlueGT

Post by Jessesam »

You should be ok with warranty just stick to limits of unlimited mileage in first 2 years then under 60000 miles in 3rd year
Guy
Bronze Member

Post by Guy »

No danger of getting anywhere near those mileage limits!

Actually I took out the factory warranty extension to 5 years total. I figured I would be keeping the car at least that long. But it will probably have done no more than 10,000 miles by the time the 5 years is up.