New Front Wipers

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

New Front Wipers

Post by Willni »

Any suggestions on new front wipers, after 3 years mine have split (never really used them though which is quite annoying) any recommendations on good wipers?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New Front Wipers

Post by SRGTD »

Bosch Aerotwin seem to get very good feedback from members on one of the VW Golf forums that I'm on. They're what I'll be getting when mine need replacing.

https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/vw-polo-y ... per-blade/

You can probably find them cheaper if you do a bit of searching on the internet.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Think I got my Bosch wipers from euro car parts. They have money off deals all the time and I would think that this weekend being a bank holiday will be the same
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

i can also recommend you the Bosch Aerotwins
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Willni wrote:Any suggestions on new front wipers, after 3 years mine have split (never really used them though which is quite annoying) any recommendations on good wipers?
I don't understand the bit in brackets, you live in NI and don't see much rain? I come/came from the West coast of Scotland, and I know all about rain!

That's not fair, and it has followed me to the East coast of Scotland!

ECP special deals worked me when I replaced the rear wiper on the late 2009 Ibiza I use as a runabout, can't say the same about the front ones though as when I started using this car both were ripped and Halfords were the nearest place to get Bosch wipers, ouch ouch, that hurt!
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!
Drives: Candy White Polo 6R

Post by 6RPotentialBuyer »

iichel wrote:i can also recommend you the Bosch Aerotwins
+1. I needed to replace a squeaky rear wiper and picked one up from Halfords. It was so good that I went back and replaced the front ones too. Made a massive difference.
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

RUM4MO wrote: I don't understand the bit in brackets, you live in NI and don't see much rain? I come/came from the West coast of Scotland, and I know all about rain!

That's not fair, and it has followed me to the East coast of Scotland!

ECP special deals worked me when I replaced the rear wiper on the late 2009 Ibiza I use as a runabout, can't say the same about the front ones though as when I started using this car both were ripped and Halfords were the nearest place to get Bosch wipers, ouch ouch, that hurt!
My windscreen is coated in Gtechniq G1 (vastly superior to rain-x), unless you're parked in traffic you don't really need to use your wipers, it just flies off completely. My entire polo is coated in it and there's barely any drying to it, all water pretty much comes off in 3 seconds there are small spots left but not many to get with the drying cloth. Next time I wash it I'll post a video.

Edit;

Here's a video of it with speed being said too, and yeah the front windscreen did freeze for me in winter, but about 50-70% not as bad as usual https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew0nI-QO5rA
Last edited by Willni on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

Thanks for the recommendations went with the bosch aerotwins, hopefully make the car go faster too if they're aerodynamic :P
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Definetely. I gained about 10 mpg and 12mph in top speed :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
d-ash
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 2016 R-Line 1.2 90PS - Blue Silk

Post by d-ash »

I can agree with the effectiveness of GTech G1. My Polo glass is also coated with it. Not cheap, but it is long lasting.
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

d-ash wrote:I can agree with the effectiveness of GTech G1. My Polo glass is also coated with it. Not cheap, but it is long lasting.
I've heard dodojuice supernatural glass sealant is better, also with Gtechniq I always buy the bigger set at £40 I've coated about 8 cars now with it with a little bit left, mainly just the front windscreen on one I did all glass (4 door saloon)
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Willni:- good, I was worried that the West side of UK had suddenly become less wet! (bit of jealously maybe as the East side of Scotland, well where I live, still gets hammered with rain.)
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

RUM4MO wrote:Willni:- good, I was worried that the West side of UK had suddenly become less wet! (bit of jealously maybe as the East side of Scotland, well where I live, still gets hammered with rain.)
Lol lets face it weather in Scotland and Northern Ireland is probably the most indecisive in the as I'm sure you got the sun, hail, heavy rain, sun, hail, snow the other day too
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

In a word, yes!

Edit:- still, it does give the local roads people a chance to dump all their remaining stocks of salt on the roads!
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

RUM4MO wrote:In a word, yes!

Edit:- still, it does give the local roads people a chance to dump all their remaining stocks of salt on the roads!
I'd rather they go fix the roads instead lol