Fitting Coilovers

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
EdwardBall
New
Drives: Lowered Polo 6R

Fitting Coilovers

Post by EdwardBall »

If anyone around/near Surrey has fitted coilovers on their polo and wants my car for a day, I'll happily pay them to do mine. I don't think I trust myself to do them alone, partly as I've never done suspension before and also because I can't find a Polo specific guide. I was going to get them installed professionally, but having got 3 £400+ quotes from local garages I can't afford it :( I think those prices are ridiculous for what it is (just putting them on, no adjustment or alignment), but that seems to be the going rate (6 hours labour apparently :? ) Conversely if anyone knows a young mechanic who's looking for work? I'm desperate at this point.
wrecksigge
Getting There!
Drives: 2012 Polo GTI

Re: Fitting Coilovers

Post by wrecksigge »

I fitted H&R springs on my Polo a few weeks ago. I used this guide:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8095

Even tho its a Golf the procedure is almost exactly the same, and they actually install coilovers in the guide.

I have no experience with suspension modding either, but i found it to be pretty straight forward and suprisingly easy. Took me a few hours.

Just make sure you have all the right tools needed to do the job. There are a few special tools that will make the job alot easier. I decided to make my own tools, but they are pretty cheap if you decide to buy them.

Good Luck!
wrecksigge
Getting There!
Drives: 2012 Polo GTI

Re: Fitting Coilovers

Post by wrecksigge »