Ben's Civic EP3 CTR - 255bhp NA

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
daz16v
Bronze Member

Re: Ben's Civic EP3 CTR - Couple of vids Page 46!

Post by daz16v »

cheers,will have to take a drive up then and see what they say. just want the front end painting really to fresh it up,possibly smooth the plate recess but alot of places dnt really want to no when i mention that lol
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Yeah give them a shout mate :) a lot of bodyshops turn down work these days which totally baffles me

I think this time of the year they are slightly busier than normal due to the bad weather, people always crash in the ice/snow.

Give them a call though fella, they did me a good price a few years back
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Small Update 08/01/2013

Just a small update made to the Civic this weekend, some of you have probably already seen on facebook :)
Ordered myself a Spoon Style rocker cover from a guy off one of the Type R Forums so I went to get it fitted at my mates this weekend gone.

He fitted it for me in about 30 mins so it was a nice job for him 8) also fitted a Tegiwa Brake Stopper which is designed to improve the brake pedal "feel"
I cant say its made much difference but there is a slight improvement but nothing to shout about.

I think it looks awesome if i'm honest but it is exactly what I wanted so I guess I would think that :lol:
I have had a few issues lately with the fuel rail leaking but its not been a major problem, it needs the injector o-rings changing really which i'm hoping will fix the leak.
Other than that I am just saving up for a set of TDI North camshafts at the moment and a 3" custom exhaust system.

Not sure which to go for next or whether to get both done at the same time and just wait a bit longer
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Re: Ben's Civic EP3 CTR - New Cam Cover Page 48!

Post by Endi_GTI »

That looks so sick Ben! 8)
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Endi_GTI wrote:That looks so sick Ben! 8)
Cheers Matt 8) cant beat a bit of engine bling
JackClap
Bronze Member

Post by JackClap »

Thats one very nice engine bay!
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

JackClap wrote:Thats one very nice engine bay!
Cheers Jack :D
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

SO MUCH IN YOUR ENGINE BAY...... Lol!!!!!

Looks the t**s, I'm doing mine gloss black for the opposite to the scene. Nice and suttle is my plans with a hint off gold....

So easy to change yeah? Might do mine one weekend like get it off and stripped then painted....

How come your getting a 3" system? Won't you loose power unless going charged iv heard????
Cams alot of money?
Fitting my intake Sunday...... Can't wait to hear it haha...
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Haha Cheers mate :) bolt on galore under the hood
Pretty happy with it now though because the tatty crinkle red cam cover was really letting it down

Got a few more plans to tidy it up like repainting the J's brace brackets and maybe getting the RBC done in black :)
Liking the sound of your plans fella, it would be nice to see somebody try something different because most people (including myself) just do the same old stuff really, nothing wrong with being different

Cam cover is easy enough to change mate, only messy bit is re-fitting the new/refurbed cover because you need to put the gasket & sealant on before re-fitting.

3" exhaust system is the daddy for the CTR mate for both N/A & boosted cars.
TDI north tested an EP3 with a Spoon catback and then switched over to a 3" Custom system which pulled 8bhp more than the Spoon system 8) obviously there are a lot of variables but the 3" system is the way forward for big power and that includes keeping it N/A too. The only issue I might have is clearance because my exhaust already scrapes now on my drive so with a big 3" system it's only going to get worse haha

Cams are very pricey but will be the last part of the jigsaw power wise because I can't go much further than that without spending another 5K lol sod that
Hoping to get around 265bhp N/A when its done which is plenty enough, I would love 270 though :twisted: hopefully get a flat torque curve of around 180 lbs ft too

You will love the Tegiwa intake mate, when you hear it for the first time you will honestly p**s yourself laughing because it sounds so damn good.
I couldn't stop smiling for about 3 days after getting mine fitted, its makes the VTEC crossover so damn loud!
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Ah so 3" is the way forward, these engines just surprise me all the time.......

I'm so close to getting that toda manifold off the forum it's crazy I need to stop looking at it tbh ha....
Aquavalver
Silver Member
Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT

Post by Aquavalver »

Very nice! Shame it's not so easy to swap the Polo GTI cam cover over!
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Trottagti wrote:Ah so 3" is the way forward, these engines just surprise me all the time.......

I'm so close to getting that toda manifold off the forum it's crazy I need to stop looking at it tbh ha....
Yeah 3" is the way to go now fella, tests have proved it to be the daddy even on N/A cars so its obvious choice for big power, perfect for charge cars too.
The K20 engine responds so well to bolt on modifications whereas other N/A engines struggle to get anything more than 20bhp and that's with cams too.

Get the Toda 8) it would be a nice compliment to the Mugen Twin loop and is one of the best off the shelf headers for the EP3.
Bargain at £400 too although if it was me I would probably just get a brand new Tegiwa one for £450 because its an exact copy, fantastic quality too.

Some lad was having one fitted when I was at TDI north so I had a good look at it, welds were really tidy and it just looked the business.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Aquavalver wrote:Very nice! Shame it's not so easy to swap the Polo GTI cam cover over!
Cheers matey :)
Yeah the Polo cam cover is a total nightmare in comparison with the camshafts having to come out too :(
They both suffer from the paint peel too but I never fancied painting my Polo cover whilst it was still on the car, then again nothing is a simple job on a Polo GTI
Aquavalver
Silver Member
Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT

Post by Aquavalver »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:
Aquavalver wrote:Very nice! Shame it's not so easy to swap the Polo GTI cam cover over!
Cheers matey :)
Yeah the Polo cam cover is a total nightmare in comparison with the camshafts having to come out too :(
They both suffer from the paint peel too but I never fancied painting my Polo cover whilst it was still on the car, then again nothing is a simple job on a Polo GTI
Yeah, I got another cam cover to get it powder-coated, then found out it wasn't just a case of unbolting the old one and fitted the new one! Didn't know the camshafts had to come out, but heard about the cam-belt etc. Ended up rubbing down and painting the current one in situ-not a perfect job, but you only see a small part of it anyway!
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

I did the exact same thing mate, bought a second hand cover from Clubpolo without knowing what work was involved, I remember the guying saying "I will include the camshafts too" and I was thinking hmmm ok whatever :lol: then it turned up I was like :shock: WTF! Looks a really time consuming & messy job so in the end I just flogged the cam cover and left mine well alone. I think the only option is to paint it in situ as you have done otherwise it's a major job.

You can purchase Carbon fibre engine covers for the GTI/1.4 Polo's & Lupo's though which look really smart.
They are totally different from the OE covers which allow for the airbox, these are designed to cover the cam cover :)