What should I be looking for?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
JonniB
New
Drives: I don't yet......

What should I be looking for?

Post by JonniB »

Good morning lovely VW people,

I've been out of the VW fold for quite a few years I'm sad to say but today I am going to test drive a Polo today and was hoping you could steer me in some of the things I should be looking for. It seems like a real good deal but would rather purchase with my head not my heart!

Its a 55 plate Polo 1.4 TDI Sport 5dr (says in the ad its a rare model?)
FSH

http://www.lcccarsales.co.uk/used-cars/ ... 7125768129

Cheers,
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: What should I be looking for?

Post by RUM4MO »

Looks good if you like to use smelly fuel! I see that it has a rear armrest, they missed that bit out in the description. The rear hatch handle looks a bit "tatty" - that seem to be a the way with too many silver Polos, even as far back as late 2002 as my wife's one looked nasty, I replaced it with a painted new handle from ebay, that looked okay for a few years, but turned nasty again, replacing that handle is no big deal, if you buy this car and are sorting out that handle, just make sure that you buy the correct version for that car, too many versions to take pot luck! Then maybe fit SEAT Ibiza Cupra solid rubber bushes to the TCAs if they are floppy.

Edit:- by the way, I think that that car is an early 9N3, ie the next version (face lift) to 9N.