Locks not working, help needed.

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
buubba
New

Locks not working, help needed.

Post by buubba »

Last week I bought a Polo for my girlfriend and yesterday noticed that I cannot lock the doors. The car is equipped with remote central locking (original I assume).
The rear doors were not opening/closing when I bought the car but I didn't care about that as those are so rarely used. But now I cannot lock the front doors.
With remote the blinkers flashes but nothing.
If I try to lock the doors inside with (drivers door) electric lock button I can hear the relay working but still nothing.
If I try to press the front door locking buttons with my hand, those just goes down 95% and then pops up. Same happens if I try to use the key.

So where shoud I start to look the fault? Open the drivers door and take the locking mechanism out?
I also have VCDS but havent read the fault codes yet.
buubba
New

Re: Locks not working, help needed.

Post by buubba »

No fault codes found with VCDS.

I opened drivers door lock mechanism and check the solderings. No visually cracks found. The lock seems to work mechanically when separated from the electric part.
Then I reconnected all the door wires and tried to lock the doors from right front (passenger side) door. Just the trunk locked and unlocked, but not with the remote. Next I turned the lock more than 4 second and suddenly the windows started to go down. If I try to lock the door the windows goes up.

Would it be faulty CCM (comfort control module)? Isnt that operating the locks and windows? It's just strange that both of the doors failed at the same time and at least the driver side door lock mechanism seem to work mechanically but not when matched with the electric part.
Is the CCM somewhere behind the kick panels?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

No proper answers/help for you, but:-
1) I'm guessing that that car is LHD

2) did you know that holding the "lock" or "unlock" function, on the remote or the key in the door lock for a long time will make the windows close or open?

3) have you checked the car fuses, as maybe if you can hear the relays switching to lock/unlock the door locks, it could be if the fuse for that function is blown, then there would be no power getting through to the actual door controllers.
buubba
New

Post by buubba »

Car is LHD.

So that windows opening/closing is a function? If yes, then I have to admit I didn't know that.

The fuse (no.50) is ok. When it was out I couldn't hear the relay if turning the key in door lock.