9N Beta no CD AUX addition.

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Oliverjones1999
New
Drives: 2004 9N 1.4 polo TDI twist

9N Beta no CD AUX addition.

Post by Oliverjones1999 »

Hi,

I have a 9N with the standard Beta head unit which does not have any cd ports or changer with it.
I want to put an aux cord in to listen to music on my phone but i don't really want to spend the money on a new stereo as I'm only going to have the car for 4 months before going to university and even though a half decent stereo is only 60 odd pounds the car seems to need another £45 of adapters to go with it and I'm not really willing to spend £100 on a new head unit for the sake of an aux cord for 4 months of ownership.
I've found various adapters like the one below:
http://www.incaremporium.com/connects2- ... -1191.html
But the cables in the picture don't seem to match any of the ports on the back of the Beta.
I know the Beta is an outdated bit of kit but i cant really justify the whole new head unit for the purpose.

So in short does anyone know of any adapters or methods of adding an aux cord to the stock Beta with no CD slot?
Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
- Ollie
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: 9N Beta no CD AUX addition.

Post by alexperkins »

The beta should have a space on the back for an aux in that is treated like a cd changer. It has to have an emulated output though as it doesn't support an aux directly.

You might be better to get a Bluetooth to FM transmitter