Washer pipe burst

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Bobby84dazzler
New
Drives: Polo E 1.2 2002

Washer pipe burst

Post by Bobby84dazzler »

Hello to all. Notice that my washer fluid had been leaking out and I thought the bottle had mabey cracked, so whole I was serving the polo I'd though I'd stop the inner arch and see if I could locate the leak. Turns out the pipe coming no from the bottom of the pump has been rubbing and the wipe had won't right through lol. Stupid problem to have. The pip is quite narrow and there's not much of it before it disappears I to a sleeve with other pipes. What's my options, can I cut out the burst bit and replace it? Or could I tape it up or so thing. Really don't want to have to replace the whole pipe.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Darryl
Benimus_prime
New
Drives: 2004 1.4 FSI Sport [9n]

Re: Washer pipe burst

Post by Benimus_prime »

Hi, I had a problem on my girlfriend's car with washer fluid spraying out under the nearside of car under the passenger area onto the road. Apparently it's a common fault, to fix my issue, I used some small diameter blue silicon hose where the weak join should be and used a couple of small jubilee clips to secure, seems to have worked quite well and the problem is gone. I did the same 'bodge' at the rear of the car where there is another join above the rear light cluster loom in the boot. I know it's not quite the same as your issue but it may work for you??
Bobby84dazzler
New
Drives: Polo E 1.2 2002

Post by Bobby84dazzler »

So you recon cut out the worn part then replace it? Was thinking that. I totally get the problem with the join in the back lol. Had that issue too.
Benimus_prime
New
Drives: 2004 1.4 FSI Sport [9n]

Post by Benimus_prime »

If the pipe hasn't already cut in half, might be an idea to cut the pipe slightly further back and slide a longer piece of silicon hose over it covering over the crushed part and a little further on. Then secure in place with a jubilee clip. Although not too tightly with the jubilee clip as you don't want to crush the pipe.