Steamy windows...

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
janski
New
Drives: 1.2 SE 12v
Location: North Manchester......Ramsbottom.....yes, its a real place, not made up or owt!

Steamy windows...

Post by janski »

2002 1.2 SE four door....is there a common water ingress problem, as when the Mrs's polo is most of the time condensing on all windows after being left for a while after driving.

FYI and for examlpe - I have a passat 2005, which has an inherent problem (now resolved) of the plenum drain blocking and then water fills up in there and 'spills' into the cabin and sits under the carpet near the CCM.

Just wondering if the 9N has a similar issue?

Cheers

janski :mrgreen:
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Steamy windows...

Post by RUM4MO »

Polo 9N should not have any of these old Audi B5 platform problems, though no harm in looking to see if all is well in front of the windscreen. Is the pollen filter newish/clean/clear? Next must be the old bane of the Fabia owner's life - ie doors leaking through, the inner assembly of the doors is riveted or screwed to the main door frames, so unless the sealant between these two assemblies is sound, water leaks across and into the car. I never ever had that trouble with wife's old 2003MY Polo that she owned from new to 13 years and 105K miles, but I've read a lot about it in Skoda Fabia (same car as Polo 9N and Ibiza 6L) - maybe check under the carpets both front and rear for moisture and if so, check up on how to sort it first time on the Skoda forum as they have had enough experience to get this right!! Good Luck!

Edit:- I had a Passat B5 4Motion - a June 2000 car for 13 years and 85K miles and never ever had these problems, I did buy the roll of guoo from VW to renew that seal but never got round to it, my car was always garaged at night and never parked under trees etc so never ever built up any crap in that area. Recirculating flap motor trouble though, that can't be resolved unless you remove the dash!

Another Edit:- maybe try using the search function on this section of the forum to see what it comes up with - failing that, your old friend Google>YouTube?

Add in checking taillight cluster seals, every bit counts!
bvs
Silver Member
Drives: 02 1.4s 16v

Post by bvs »

Do you have wet carpets ?
Lots of info around on googling.
On our car - water ingress was from leaky sunroof drains (the pipes either clog or 'pop off' the sunroof drain tray) .
As Rum posted - polos are well known for water ingress through doors,a friend of mine has a 9N3 with 'sloshy' doors when she opens them,too far away for me to look at but googling will give lots of info on door leaks as well.
I got fed up trying to stop the sunroof leaking and in the end just sealed it up with good silicon seal.

rgds baz
janski
New
Drives: 1.2 SE 12v
Location: North Manchester......Ramsbottom.....yes, its a real place, not made up or owt!

Post by janski »

Cheers guys for replies. Will start investigating from your comments and let you know how I get on, time permitting.

j :mrgreen: