Speedo Sensor on 9n Automatic

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
BobScot
New
Drives: 9n

Speedo Sensor on 9n Automatic

Post by BobScot »

Hello all,
I have a faithful 2003 Polo Auto Twist. The dashboard recently fried so has been replaced. Now the Speedo/Odometer doesn't work, and the fuel gauge drops down when I turn right. From a bit of research I think it may be the Vehicle Speed Sensor or an earth issue? I have spent ages looking for the sensor but can't find it. Any help or advice would be great guys.

Thanks.
BobScot
New

Re: Speedo Sensor on 9n Automatic

Post by BobScot »

Hi there,

Still having issues, can anyone help? I have now found and removed and inspected two sensors. The first looks like a normal speed sensor, one bolt holding a silver cylindrical sensor in with a cable. Two wires. The other is a plastic sleeve which screws into the gear box. There is the a bit of plastic thing with a cross shape which slots into it. Then three wires connecting it. But it doesn't really seem to connect to any actual wires!!! Any ideas for the broken speedo?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Sorry, I've got no ideas, never had an auto!

I'm only posting so that you know that one out of the 25+ viewers can write postings!
BobScot
New

Post by BobScot »

Thanks, what are the sensors like on a manual? Might me the same. The fuel gauge is also wonky so what does that indicate? These two issues only cropped up when the dash was fried and replaced!