ABS Sensor Ring forward (missing ?!?!? )

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
alin_999
New
Drives: 1.4 tdi 2004 BAY 75 HP

ABS Sensor Ring forward (missing ?!?!? )

Post by alin_999 »

Hello everyone!

Yesterday I took out the original abs sensor from my front right wheel because the ABS Light was ON, and to my surprise I found out that there is no toothed ring that the sensor should read when I hit the brakes

something such as this one(I presume that this one in the image is not from an actual Polo)

Does the vw Polo have a diferent system for its ABS, and the sensor reads just a plain surface, or is it that my ABS RING is missing?

P.S. the ABS light came on right after I took it to "some mechanic guy" to change my brake pads and disks. And his explanation is that the sensors have to be changed.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: ABS Sensor Ring forward (missing ?!?!? )

Post by RUM4MO »

I don't think that the ABS toothed ring is as obvious on these cars - if I'm being honest I've forgotten what you can see at that point, but I'm sure it would only be viewable from the other side of the hub assembly, ie from the inner side of that assembly.

I'm sure that someone else will come along with a better answer!

Also, usually with ABS faults, the problem will be with a sensor, if that mechanic had used a scan tool that could read all the VW group extended range of fault codes, I think that he could have said which sensor was faulty - though if the toothed ring really is missing/broken/fallen off, the scan tool would still point at that sensor!

Edit:- I think that the rotating ABS part is built into the hub bearing, so it will be invisible.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: ABS Sensor Ring forward (missing ?!?!? )

Post by RUM4MO »

No update yet, well I'm guessing seeing that as you have opened two threads and not given us an update, that you have gone down the radar?