EPC Light, No Power, P2101 Fault Code

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
james.caygill
New

EPC Light, No Power, P2101 Fault Code

Post by james.caygill »

Hi all,

Hoping someone may be able to shed some light on an issue I am having with my 2004 Polo 1.4 Petrol.

The EPC light is currently on the dash, the car has no power and idles at around 11-1200 rpm. If you press the throttle it goes up to 2k but that's it. A VCDS search brings up P2101 - Throttle Actuator "A" control motor circuit Range/performance.

I have also attempted to carry out a TBA using VCDS however it states that ADP is OK and will not communicate with the throttle body in order to do a further adaption.
I'm at my wits end with this and could really do with some advice, everything points towards the throttle body, I'm hoping someone has had this issue and can tell me what their fix was.

I have replaced the throttle pedal, brake light switch and it has had 2 throttle bodies.

Oh I almost forgot, this ran fine until it was left standing for a little while and when it was jump started this is when I had the issues.

Thanks in advance.

James
Carproblems
New
Drives: MK4 (9n)

Re: EPC Light, No Power, P2101 Fault Code

Post by Carproblems »

I'm having the exact same issue as you, same problems and codes, did you find the solution?