Brake lines

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
dubpolo
Sponsor

Brake lines

Post by dubpolo »

Has anyone got braided lines? i know goodrich don't make them, but can you use a kit for a diffrent car? and how often should you change your lines?
Del_GTi
Gold Member

Post by Del_GTi »

If you mean Goodridge mate. Then they do make them. I have a set sitting here which i haven't bothered to fit as yet.
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

have you got a part number please!
Del_GTi
Gold Member

Post by Del_GTi »

The ones i have say SVW0701-4P
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

where did you get them from mate?
Del_GTi
Gold Member

Post by Del_GTi »

GSF mate.
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

I've had Goodridge lines for about two years now, I love 'em. Sadly one of the lines had bad threads but the mfr' replaced it free of charge. Brake pedal feels much firmer than with rubber lines. Recommended!
mikegti
Silver Member

Post by mikegti »

I think the pedal feels horrible and soft on my gti, seems to be no initial 'bite' like on some cars. Might just be down to the servo I suppose, but I'm due a disc, pad and fluid change soon anyway so might do the lines too, depending on price...
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

I had a brake fluid change at my last service, about a month ago. It has definitely improved things, the response and the bite on the brakes feels better, but still slightly spongy. But they do their job, and well, and thats what matters at the moment :wink:

Braided lines sounds like a good investment though, after owning a (classic) Mini, the less rubber pipes on the car the better - fear the perished hoses!
mikegti
Silver Member

Post by mikegti »

Si_GTi wrote:I had a brake fluid change at my last service, about a month ago. It has definitely improved things, the response and the bite on the brakes feels better, but still slightly spongy
That's good to hear!

My mini brakes were poo, even with discs (can't imagine drums on the front, scary!)
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

Del have you got around to fitting your lines yet?
Del_GTi
Gold Member

Post by Del_GTi »

Not yet mate, been a busy few weeks for me between MOT, timing belt etc, and service so not managed it yet.

I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks so i'll try and get them fitted after i come back. Getting my winter wheels then aswell.