Pitstop remap= happy eaton'd polo owner :o)

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
LregG
Getting There!

Pitstop remap= happy eaton'd polo owner :o)

Post by LregG »

At the first attempt of remapping my Eaton'd G40 the pikey forge motorsport taper type 15% smaller pulley i had fitted spun on the shaft so that needed to be sorted as well as my intercooler end tank weld had failed

I'm now running a PSD 15% smaller pulley complete with keywayed shaft to eliminate slip and the intercooler has been beafed up a little

The loss of low down torque that was related to the way the eaton works has been reeled back in by playing with the ignition map at low down rpm, the fuelling was reduced low down as well and a lot more added at the top end

The drivability is now amazing and was well worth the full tank of optimax taken to get things spot on

Boost was measured at 20 psi (on psd's gauge) at 7k rpm!!

At a guesstimate my car is using enough fuel for 185-190 bhp at it's current state of tune, bring on the big valve head, cam (possibly) and 4 branch to aid flow. By the time this lot is done i will be ditching my G60 injectors as they are already at 80% duty cycle which is very close to being static!!

Those of you going to the rolling road day will see it on the rollers, i can't wait to see what it's producing

Gregg
mickb
New

Post by mickb »

your a very lucky man, enjoy it!!
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

excellent new mate! been reading ur progress on Pitstop! keep up the good work!