Service oil light?

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
PhilOultram
New

Service oil light?

Post by PhilOultram »

How do you turn off the 'service oil' flashing below the speedo? Mk 5 2001 polo?
mikegti
Silver Member

Post by mikegti »

check the post in the DIY guides section
H20LYY
New

Post by H20LYY »

My 1999 is doing the exact same! its saying service oil when my oils full its still staying on! now its displaying the service miles! if you figure out the problem please let me know!
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

H20LYY wrote:My 1999 is doing the exact same! its saying service oil when my oils full its still staying on! now its displaying the service miles! if you figure out the problem please let me know!
This message means your car is due for an oil service, does not refer to the level of oil being low or not :) - that would come up on the dash speedo area
PhilOultram
New

Post by PhilOultram »

It's just telling you that your car is due a service, but if you don't have it done by volkswagen they don't reset it. It costs to reset it! Thats why its there, just as a reminder
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

:shock: you should not pay to reset it - it tells you how to reset it in your vw handbook for free :shock:
Iceash
New

Post by Iceash »

Mine has come on 4000 miles early!!! bloody thing, does anyone know how to reprogram the thing? don't wanna reset it as this won't sovle the prob.

Thanks,

Ash