ABS light

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
1 GTI
Silver Member

ABS light

Post by 1 GTI »

Going to work this morning and my ABS decided to come on. It's been on once before and it went off after about 15mins. This time it weren't going off. So I decided to order a new ABS sensor, £18+VAT. On my lunch break though my mate said to brake very hard, next thing the light went out, couldn't believe it. Phoned GSF up to cancel my order, they were fine about it. Saved about £25. Anyone else had problems with their ABS light?
CalvinGTI
Sponsor

Post by CalvinGTI »

yea since the days of putting on my 17" wheels, i started to get the problem, and now that ive got my 15" back on, it only seems to happen when theres more than 2 people in the car, cold weight be making a difference?

*scratches head*

Cal
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

CalvinGTI wrote:...and now that ive got my 15" back on, it only seems to happen when theres more than 2 people in the car, cold weight be making a difference?
IIRC the plugs for the ABS sensors are under the rear bench - I have problems with this too, often when I carry more than one passenger I find that the ABS light comes on for a short time (although once it stayed on for three days!). I keep forgetting to investigate! :lol:
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

All I've noticed with a full car is it feels like it hardly moves when you put your foot down.
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

ModifiedMadness wrote:All I've noticed with a full car is it feels like it hardly moves when you put your foot down.
I hear ya - me in my GTi with two passengers, had huge trouble keeping up with chris and dan in their GTis (no passengers) on the way to E38, even though I drove with a heavy right foot! :(
HK 6N2
Bronze Member

Post by HK 6N2 »

Si_GTi wrote:
CalvinGTI wrote:...and now that ive got my 15" back on, it only seems to happen when theres more than 2 people in the car, cold weight be making a difference?
IIRC the plugs for the ABS sensors are under the rear bench - I have problems with this too, often when I carry more than one passenger I find that the ABS light comes on for a short time (although once it stayed on for three days!). I keep forgetting to investigate! :lol:
Yes, the same as mine, while passenger seat on my rear bench ,
ABS light come, especially heavy passenger :wink:
M@Turner
Platinum Member

Post by M@Turner »

Was just about to post a new topic about this.

I washed my car yesterday evening, then when i came to drive it this morning the ABS light came on. I've noticed that it only comes on when you actually start driving though. After reading through the manual apparently a system check occurs at around 7kph.

1 GTI: Do you suggest i find an empty road and just anchor the brakes on my car? I really hope its will be as simple as this! Lately i seem to solve one problem on my Gti then another one arises straight aferwards. :roll:

Mat