Window Tint

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
Kronix
New

Window Tint

Post by Kronix »

Hi, does anybody have a photo of there car with the legal 70% front tint.

Cheers
h4r1s
Platinum Member
Location: Leicester/Sheffield Drives: Polo MKV-6N2 1.4SE 16v 75BHP

Post by h4r1s »

Mine are 35% which is the lightest you can get done, but plus the orignal tint i reckon they must be about 50-60% so just a bit lighter than mine and you would be legal.

Bepe
Platinum Member

Post by Bepe »

it is illegal to even touch the front windows as they are already slighty tinted so if you add more film it will then make them illegal! just my opinion :P
Randall
Gold Member

Post by Randall »

mines 35% all-round (sides & rear)

yes they are illegal and i dont think your meant to even have the two front side windows done anymore! I have had mine on for the last 1.5/2 years no problems what so ever

If your going to GTI Inters feel free to pop over and take a look

Rich
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

This is medium up front, dark at the rear....not sure on percentages :?

mc_iver_9n
Gold Member

Post by mc_iver_9n »

Mines 50% on the front, 20% on the rear and 5% on the tailgate.

Kronix
New

Post by Kronix »

Thanks a lot guys, its just when I get my polo I really want to get it tinted at least 35% like my mates, but I am slightly worried with regards to police trouble - u know getting them removed etc.
I am considering just getting the back windows done midnight and leaving the front or just getting the front ones to the 70 % .
Loopy-Chi
New

Post by Loopy-Chi »

just so you know, i got points for having front tints.... yes you read right, 3 points!! :( i cant remember how dark they were, was about 3 years ago! its so embarrasing sayin you got points for tints lol but ohh well :roll:
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

Loopy-Chi wrote:just so you know, i got points for having front tints.... yes you read right, 3 points!! :( i cant remember how dark they were, was about 3 years ago! its so embarrasing sayin you got points for tints lol but ohh well :roll:
Thats shocking! I thought they HAD to give you the chance to take them off! Surely you had been stopped before regarding them had you??

I'v never been stopped for anything on my car.....pressed plates, front plate on the dash, tinted windows, rear whees sticking out of the arches......police must be leniant up here :P
Loopy-Chi
New

Post by Loopy-Chi »

nope :( i never got a warning!! plus i think it was dodgy cause they stopped me in a car park!!! :(
colour_concept
Bronze Member

Post by colour_concept »

bump... looking to get tints done and want to see a few more examples of legal tints... (including the fact that the windows are already slighty tinted from the manufacturer) the green polo at the top of the page is a good example but thats supposedly illegal as the 35% tint has been applied on top of the oem tint.

want to see whats the absolute darkest i can get and stay legal if checked by a meter?

any pics?
cheers
adam_0612
Gold Member

Post by adam_0612 »

i got my back 3 windows limo black and front 2 to the legal limit and a sunstrip aswell. if your car has a dark interior it gives out a darker image aswel which is good. also in the dark your tints will look mint. hope this helps
Arnoldo
Gold Member

Post by Arnoldo »

Heres an old picture of mine. It has medium tint on the back and standard tint on the front. I wouldnt bother with tinting the front. I too like you really wanted to tint the front windows but 3 points for tints is just not worth it.

colour_concept
Bronze Member

Post by colour_concept »

Arnoldo wrote:Heres an old picture of mine. It has medium tint on the back and standard tint on the front. I wouldnt bother with tinting the front. I too like you really wanted to tint the front windows but 3 points for tints is just not worth it.
according to some wesbties.....

-behind the B Post (ie rear passenger windows and rear screen) there are no limits
-side windows in front of the B Post (ie front passenger windows) must allow 70% of light through
-front windscreens must allow 75% of light through

tried checking the VOSA website but its down at the moment... im fairly sure the above rules are still current laws and havent been changed...
colour_concept
Bronze Member

Post by colour_concept »

bump