how do you get the indicator lights to stay on, (usa style)

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

Post by tupac2makaveli71 »

oh yeh, i seen a 5 series bmw and a m5 with usa style lights too :^) cannot be illegal, the germans are at it!!!
ximon
New

Post by ximon »

not too sure if it is legal, but to switch between the two modes just connect pins 87 and 87a to the outer two terminals on an spdt switch (single pole double throw) and the inner one to the other end of the indicator wire.

tried this tonite an found out that the lights on the dash stay on with the indicators when used as daytime lights, to combat this problem another relay is needed to convert the polarity of the wires going to the dash lights
ximon
New

Post by ximon »

ill take pics of the conversion with all the details for a diy guide when i borrow my mates cam and post it a proper guide as this is just randomness!
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

Post by tupac2makaveli71 »

yeahhh proper guide :D
MR_TOAD
New

Re: re: diagram

Post by MR_TOAD »

ximon wrote:aaah lol ive only just realised what you guys are after, the diagram above provide a small voltage to the lights which keeps the indicators half on when your side lights are on, it looks like your after indicators which are on normally and off when flashing, this is what your after ( the12volt style )

the main indicator supply wires are the wires from pins 3 and 7 from the indicator switch itself
You sure about that diagram?
ximon
New

fixed

Post by ximon »

should be right now 87 and 98a shouldnt of been connected
tx mr_toad!
Thamar
New

Post by Thamar »

Get it from ebay ;)
http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/US-Blinker-Stan ... dZViewItem

Just a simple module that you place between your indicator cable and indicator and you wire it onto the sidelight cable also.
5 minutes of work.

This is how it looks on FK Powerlooks:

I haven't been pulled over since i have them, but then again i live in belgium. But I don't think it would be a problem since the new Volvo's and BMW's also have a thingie like it. Just make sure they still flash properly.