Xenons

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
daa709
Silver Member

Xenons

Post by daa709 »

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone has or knows where to get a set of xenon conversion lights for the 9n3 polo?

Also if its easy to fit?

Cheers,
daa709
daa709
Silver Member

Post by daa709 »

Hmm, I'm really confused now, I've been researching, but I'm basically trying to figure out how to make my whole car shine blue and bright!

I'm not sure if its H7 H4 or H1 that fits in the Polo. Also, am I right in saying I'd need two sets for fitting into the dipped beam and the full beam? What do I do with the sidelights?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help :?

Cheers,
daa709
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

H7s is what youll need. You wont need full beam xenons, as you wont see much advan tage whatsoever. If your wondering, H1 is full beam and H4 is a dipped and full beam used in the Mk4 and older polos.

As for the sidelights, go for some LED ones perhaps U501WPH2 on www.ultraleds.co.uk. The fitting for sidelights is W5W or 501 (however you choose to see it, most places call it 501)

Theres a group buy I set up in the group buys section for the xenons. You can get a set for under £120 - they are normally £240 :D

Hope this will guide ya :D
daa709
Silver Member

Post by daa709 »

Thankyou! :D
daa709
Silver Member

Post by daa709 »

Just checking is the this the one i need?

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/501194-side- ... 9f3537f95d

Oh can I just use a H1 bulb (to save money) on just the full beam? Or Do I need H7 for the full beam too? (rather than converting that to xenon aswell). And finally what do I do if have front foglights? Can I convert them too?

edit: oo I just found out my neighbour's dad is an expert on car lighting!! He supplies xenon kits, and (as a favour for him fitting them) he wants me to sell some for him. Anyone want xenon kits? I've got more info in the for sale bit.
billionfoil
New

Post by billionfoil »

Im not sure if this question has been ask or answer, ive been looking through but couldnt find anything.

The new polo gti, what headlights does it come with, is it the xenons or just the normal headlights

Thanks
Wouter
Bronze Member

Post by Wouter »

billionfoil wrote:Im not sure if this question has been ask or answer, ive been looking through but couldnt find anything.

The new polo gti, what headlights does it come with, is it the xenons or just the normal headlights

Thanks
normal - xenon n/a for the 9n/9n3
Tony_
New

Post by Tony_ »

Wouter wrote:
billionfoil wrote:Im not sure if this question has been ask or answer, ive been looking through but couldnt find anything.

Thanks
Unless you get some FK Angel-Eyes, which has Xenon lenses :wink:
Wouter
Bronze Member

Post by Wouter »

Tony_ wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Thanks
Only for the 9N then, not the 9N3 :wink:
Tony_
New

Post by Tony_ »

Wouter wrote:
Tony_ wrote:
Wouter wrote: normal - xenon n/a for the 9n/9n3
Only for the 9N then, not the 9N3 :wink:

Yes, thank you for the correction :wink:
ryan_polo
New

Post by ryan_polo »

Tony_ wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Thanks
Hello, I've been trying to find a place that sells these for ages, don't suppose you know any sites to buy them?

cheers
Tony_
New

Post by Tony_ »

ryan_polo wrote:
Tony_ wrote:
Wouter wrote: normal - xenon n/a for the 9n/9n3
Hello, I've been trying to find a place that sells these for ages, don't suppose you know any sites to buy them?

cheers
Ebay is our friend 8)