lohow low can you go?

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
D4V1D
Bronze Member

lohow low can you go?

Post by D4V1D »

im sure this has been asked before, but, does any one think that my arches would need to be rolled if it was lowerd on venom -70mm spring kit and on 13x5.5 (maybe 13x7) mini lites wearing 45 profile rubber? is rolling the arches something you can do your self cuz i want to do as much to the car as i can by my self.
thanks
(how about if i used golf cab wheels)?
Deevub
Getting There!

Post by Deevub »

It is possible but the extent of arch mods you will need makes it not worth it imo. better drop the car 40mm, maintain drivability & ride comfort with no scrubbing etc & it still looks cool.

check eurocarparts for springs.

If you look under your arches there is an interior trim which is bolted to the chassis, I spose it is possible to completley remove this which would give you a bit more room to work with...
Phoenix
Bronze Member

Post by Phoenix »

sod that

ROLL THE b***h AND DROP IT ON ITS ARSE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

thats what i'm doin, i want to be able to throw the car into corners and let it grip 8)
polosteve
New

Post by polosteve »

13x5.5 (maybe 13x7) mini lites wearing 45 profile rubber?
got any pics? are they actualy mini wheels or just the same style with a vw pdc?
D4V1D
Bronze Member

Post by D4V1D »

polosteve, sorry no pics im afraid, found their site in retro cars, www.minilite.co.uk or something simmilar, they got a huge range though, so they should have a set with 4x100 pcd,(especially when that mk1 golf with the burberry interior was running a set) my mk2s' abit dead at the moment so all plans are on hold cuz im about to buy a mk3 gt :D, although hopefully i can get it goin again, the cars minted beacuase it was my grandads and theyve got so much more character (spelling :? ) then other polos (god, that sounds like a girl wrote that :P , no offence girls :oops: :) ) would be cool dumped on its arse over a set of minilites.
Phoenix: might be kinda cheesy but if its goin that low, dont forget the titanium skid plates, sparkes galore :twisted: , watch out for the plod though
Phoenix
Bronze Member

Post by Phoenix »

D4V1D wrote:if its goin that low, dont forget the titanium skid plates, sparkes galore :twisted: , watch out for the plod though
hell yeh got to do it with style 8)

and the plod have to catch me first :P