Eibach Coilovers

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
flyfs6
Silver Member

Eibach Coilovers

Post by flyfs6 »

Some of you on here have Eibach Pro Street S. Have a couple of questions about these:

a) Clip's on the front stock sturts which wrap around holding abs/brake wires in place, do they transfer transfer over? Some way down, the stock sturts have flat sides, the eibach's are just round. I can't get mine back on, if not how are the wires held in?

b) Again front struts, what way do you turn the thread to lower the car up or down?

c) The rear adjusters are turned all the way down. To get the car level how much do I turn the fronts down / leave to go on the fronts? If using stock ARB would this measurement be the same (want to prevent drive shaft knocking.

d) Are they not supposed to come with drop links?

In advance thanks a million for your help.
Last edited by flyfs6 on Sat May 31, 2008 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
andy947
Bronze Member

Post by andy947 »

a)Yeah just transfer them over, they might be tight but they should clip round

b) As you look at the strut from the wheel turn the adjuster to the laft to thread it down

c) I set my adjusters at the rear all the way down and then set the front to match. The eibach's dont go very low at the rear, but you dont really want to be very low for the best handling.

d)No drop links with the eibach's you retain the originals as the drop link pick up point on the coilover is positioned up the strut so you dont need a shorter one.
You wont have an ARB problem due to the drop link position mentioned above.
flyfs6
Silver Member

Post by flyfs6 »

Thanks for your reply Andy. Going to have another go fixing those clips in place.
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

flyfs6 wrote:Thanks for your reply Andy. Going to have another go fixing those clips in place.
i fit my coilovers the other day and them clips went back on ok just use pliers or grips and you will be ok!