Big Red - Wiper error *stuck on*

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

my 6n2 pic and detailed, update pg 3 big red got rimmed...

Post by red6n2 »

big red got her first rim job today...

P-Slots black face with a polished lip here they are...

and here they are on the car... the tyres are temp just on for edition38... and they aree in need of a good clean (the whole car is)

im not totaly convinced i like them or that they even suit the car.. your honest opinions are welcome

... my original plan was borbet A's... think i may pass these on and stick with it !
Jay_6n2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo Sel 1.6TDI

Re: my 6n2 pic and detailed big red gets rimmed pg-3 update

Post by Jay_6n2 »

bit of tyre black would help :lol:
red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

lol... MASSIVELY ! but when the pics were taken they had just been put on and id just come out the gym and was in a vest and shorts and it was freezing ill do it properly when no rephrase IF it stops raining
ash man
Getting There!

Post by ash man »

i love the red, and the silver console is gorgeous.
red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

the siller console is the worst... i kow its the worst... and it is going but not for tomorrow... gonna get it sprayed when my bonnet resprayed
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Late reply but I think they could look nice cleaned up and with some better profile tyres on them.
ash man
Getting There!

Post by ash man »

lookin good.
red6n2

Re: my 6n2 pic and detailed.... slight accident :-(

Post by red6n2 »

there i was minding my own buisness when i get a text from my girlfriend i was only say 3 mins from my house but i thought id read it anyway slowly and not realising i drifted off to the left as my tracking is out.... then BANG... kerbed... front left p-slot fooked, flat tyre and to top it all my cars too low to get the jack under loool, after struggling for 15 mins i got the jack under so im now rocking a space saver... i may just throw the original wheels back on for the winter whilke i restore the p-slots wich are currently black with a chrome lip... to a polished face... im not even angry... my fault... although if she had text me 3 mins later

oh and the irony is... she text me saying "let me know if you want a lift to work"... think i may take her up on that lift :D :D :D

this is the rim i broke...

this is how out my tracking now is lol... brace yourself its bad...

and the polica also made me put a license plate on after 7 months of not having one... :-(

red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

i just got home and had a propper look under the car the wishbone is all ok and so is the suspension... thank fook, and the space saver is off and i have thrown one of the original wheels on while i decide what to do... it could stay like this for a while lol.
Gary Gee
Bronze Member

Post by Gary Gee »

unlucky mate....

you were lucky you didnt brake anything other than ur wheel

when i hit a kerb (i was probs going a little quicker than you) it bent bottom arm Tierod on steering rack and am sure my shock is gone but i cant replace it :( but try ebay for a replacement wheel there is always a few on there
red6n2

Re: my 6n2 pic and detailed.... no more makeovers for big red

Post by red6n2 »

cheers gary i got a replacement off ebay... full price including delivery... £35... but im taking the p-slots off gonna get em to a nice polished face and sell em on... because as of now im not going to bother with any more mods... im not really bothered by this car anymore... gonna save for my A3 and eventually sell this one off... specially as insurance for an 06 PLATE A3 1.9 TDI is £60 cheaper than what im paying for an x reg 1.4 8v polo... ridiculous.

ill still post on here but there shall be no new editions to big red except her standard wheels going back on
red6n2

Re: my 6n2 pic and detailed.... no more makeovers for big red

Post by red6n2 »

i crashed her today, went into the back of a old school fiesta, my car basicall just needs a new cosmetic front end his car a new tailgate lol he's happy not to go through insurance but i may do as it will be cheaper...

so what happened... where i live theres a blind curve in one of the road heading towards town centre the man in front was heading down there me following him when he had to slam his brakes on as an ambulance was oncoming in our lane, i slamed mine on at the same time as him but due to the rain plus the water on the road and the fact this road is downhill my car just skidded and i skidded into him at around 10mph and with the whole front of a 6n2 being plastic it all just smashed and broke but the chassi, radiator engine and all the essentials and that are fine the blokes alright about it and even he says that i wasnt too close to him and that its just an unfortunate event....

i hope that ambulance saved someones life lol

so big reds now outa action for a while while i decide what to do...

... how much are bus tickets ???
red6n2

Re: my 6n2 pic and detailed.... CRASH !!!! bit of good news

Post by red6n2 »

the bloke i "hit" agreeing the ambulance is to blame has agreed to sort his own car through his own insurance so thats one i dont have to pay for :-) now i just got to sort mine but it needs a new front end... just quoted 110 pound for a new bumper bonnet and grille, now i just need two headlights, a slam pannel and a serious paint job lol !
vw55raz
Gold Member

Post by vw55raz »

damn man, hope you get it sorted. thats a good price for bumper, grill and bonnet. you gonna get the bumper smoothened again?
red6n2

Post by red6n2 »

nah... not gonna bother with anymore mods on her, im even gonna take the pslots off and put the standards back on all cause next year i want an 06 plate A3 next year, i got a bonnet, grille and bumper today and tomorrow i pick up a new slam pannel and headlights then ill have all the parts to make it road legal again so i think within the next two weeks ill have it back on the road ! not sure when it will all be sprayed red again but shouldnt be too long