My Polo Classic

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Polo_SA
New

My Polo Classic

Post by Polo_SA »

Hi guys. I am from Cape Town in South Africa and I recently came accross this website and I have found a lot of very helpful information just by browsing through and reading the forums. I have had my Polo for 4 years and I am loving every moment of it. I have only starting making changes to my car 2 weeks ago and I have a few things planned for the coming weeks.

I have recently replaced my 1.6i engine with the 2L 8V engine. Now she running very strong I am taking her in next week to have a Powerflow Free Flow exhaust fitted. Then she is off to the dyno. Can’t wait to see what she pushes on the dyno.

After replacing the engine I ran her on the standard 1.6i MP9 computer box but the fueling was seriously messed up and she only ran smooth when I put my foot down and ran her high into the rev range. I replaced the computer box with the Golf 3 2.0L computer box and now she is running beautifully.

Here are some pics of the car. The missing VW badges are not a bad attempt at de-badging. They were stolen off my car while parked outside a pub (I live in SA remember...):

This is the 1.6i Engine that was in the car:

This is the 2E 2L engine after the 2L conversion was done:
As mentioned the car is going in for free flow exhaust next week. After that the car is going in to have both bumpers re-sprayed. I am also having the black bottom strips on the bumpers sprayed white and the mirrors are being sprayed white. I am also replacing the front indicators and side indicators. Crappy rims on the car but I'm looking for a set of 15 inch mags to replace them. I am also planning on "Blacking out" the door posts using black vinyl. I will post photos of all the changes that I make as they happen.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.
Last edited by Polo_SA on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: My Polo Classic from Cape Town South Africa

Post by Tim_GTi »

Hiya mate welcome to the site.

Plans sound good! Keep us updated.
carlgannon
Getting There!

Post by carlgannon »

Your car is in spotless condition!!
Polo_SA
New

Post by Polo_SA »

Thanks carlgannon. Yeah she is a 1998 model so she is roughly 11 years old and I have tried to look after her as well as possible. She has never missed a single service in 11 years. In the 4 years that I have had her she has not broken down once so I have been very happy. Mind you in these photo's I haven’t washed my car for just over 2 weeks so she is actually fairly dirty if you look closely ;-) I’ll post some photo's after I have had the bumpers and mirrors colour coded and she is nicely buffed and polished. That was supposed to be this week but it has been postponed to next week Tuesday so I get my car back next week Thursday.
Polo_SA
New

Post by Polo_SA »

This is what she looks like after having the lip on the front bumper, lip on the rear bumper and the mirrors colour coded. I also replaced the orange front indicators and front fender indicators with clear indicators.

Alas I haven’t had much time to do anything else. Powerflow only opens on 11 Jan so I haven’t done the free flow exhaust yet. Dynotech also only opens on 11 Jan so I haven’t had her on the dyno yet either. I have ordered the black vinyl to black out the door posts and the roof but the supplier has closed for the holidays so I have to wait for them to open again. Things are happening, albeit very slowly. I’ll get there eventually.
Polo_SA
New

Re: My Polo Classic

Post by Polo_SA »

Got some vinyl from a friend and blacked out the door posts. Getting the vinyl for the roof tomorrow.