the price is out

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
GR33NIE
Bronze Member

Re: the price is out

Post by GR33NIE »

Deako wrote:
GR33NIE wrote:Asked about this today down my local Stealer too, shocked at the price tbh. I know it's french but I'd rather but a Clio 200 Cup and save some serious cash yet have just as much if not more fun
How much is the Clio worth after 3 years? I have priced up both on PCP plans, and due to horrendously poor residuals of the Clio RS, it turns out more expensive on a monthly basis.
Good point, is the new GTI holding value's well then? I couldn't seem to get a value on the VW website
Deako
Bronze Member

Post by Deako »

Residuals are predicted to be very strong. With a £4k deposit, optioned up to the hilt my GTI will cost £259 p/m. If i can put another £1k down, which im hoping to save in time making it a £5k deposit, then it will cost me around £230 p/m.
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

its all very well about depreciation but like the golf, wouldnt the polo have a high safety rating to unlike the french car? and how many problems u would have and damage cost etc
rs2315
New

Post by rs2315 »

vince wrote:Just being sent this from vw about the polo gti 2010

polo gti 1:4 tsi 7 spd DSG 3 dr Basic £14.982.77

Vat £2.621.98

RRP £17.604.75

OTR £18.275 :shock:

On sale NOW deliveries in July

Any takers???????????
Nope, just couldn't bring myself to spend that sort of money on such a small car.

rs2315.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

rs2315 wrote:
Nope, just couldn't bring myself to spend that sort of money on such a small car.

rs2315.
That's an interesting point of view as the Polo isn't that small anymore as it's the same size as Mk2 Golf. It's only 200mm shorter than a Mk6 Golf for example and it's 2/3 the price of a Golf GTI so is better value :D

I think I understand what you are trying to say as it's a lot for a car in the super mini segment. However when you consider the performance and quality it is very good value. When I think back to two cars I had in the past such as UR quattro and A4 2.8 quattro and the performance of the polo sits between them and both cars were over 30k 20-12 (respectively) years ago. It's a some what poor comparison but it is amazing how £/performance is getting better value.
rs2315
New

Post by rs2315 »

Edi30 wrote:
rs2315 wrote:

rs2315.
That's an interesting point of view as the Polo isn't that small anymore as it's the same size as Mk2 Golf. It's only 200mm shorter than a Mk6 Golf for example and it's 2/3 the price of a Golf GTI so is better value :D

I think I understand what you are trying to say as it's a lot for a car in the super mini segment. However when you consider the performance and quality it is very good value. When I think back to two cars I had in the past such as UR quattro and A4 2.8 quattro and the performance of the polo sits between them and both cars were over 30k 20-12 (respectively) years ago. It's a some what poor comparison but it is amazing how £/performance is getting better value.
I agree, all fair points.

20k would get me a sorted mapped 420hp B5 RS4 with 50k on. :mrgreen:
I know I know seconhand with miles, not everyones bag. :oops:
Room for a kitchen sink?

rs2315.
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

I agree ive had some fast cars and the polo is quick all the rev range remapped i dare to think scared myself a few times love the power delivery