timing belt change guide for mk2 polo

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
fibrousplasterer
New

timing belt change guide for mk2 polo

Post by fibrousplasterer »

Hello everyone firstly allow me to introduce myself as its my first post, my name is George and im from manchester and having been members of t25 and t4 clubs before have joined up on here after I have just purchased my first mk 2 breadvan. C reg 1986 1043 cc.

Just wondering if anybody has a step by step guide to changing the cambelt on this car. I've inspected the belt and some of the teeth are missing so need to change asap!

My car has the metal cambelt cover and looks easy but as its my first cambelt change i'm a bit wary about making sure i find tdc correctly.

I'd like to carry out this one myself as it looks to be an easy job and would make a good first time on this car due to the simple setup.

I have scoured the net and have read the haynes manual but just want to double check before I proceed with some experienced dubbers, I have attempted to join clubpolo but after 4 times of registering and not being allowed to post I gave up and found this forum which might I have made life easy for me!!

Thanks in advance, jud.
fibrousplasterer
New

Re: timing belt change guide for mk2 polo

everyone timing belt must be well worn! :D
fibrousplasterer
New

buggered up taking the advice of a so called mechanic, timing is out now due to crankshaft being rotated numerous times while trying to attempt to get the allen bolts out from the pulley, great.
fibrousplasterer
New

done it cheers.