Tim's Fabia vRS

Forum to discuss the Skoda Fabia
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Tim's Fabia vRS

Post by Tim_GTi »

Finally got myself a Fabia vRS, and the wait really paid off!

Couldn't have asked for better. Black, 68k, factory xenons, factory two tone leather, factory sat nav with integrated digital dash display!

Car's in amazing nick, the leather looks and feels brand new, and the paintwork will be stunning after I've gone at it with the DA polisher.

I was unsure about the leather in the advert, I was actually planning on selling it and keeping my Polo GTi seats. But it's stunning in person, the black leather door cards are a nice touch also. So the Polo seats will be for sale!

The dash is great, it carries data from the head unit. Including sat nav directions, music info (radio channel etc..), the usual trip computer, and a car status section. I assume the latter is for informing me of faults etc? It's current state is 'OK'

The sat nav/radio is awesome. 6 disc changer also under passenger seat. Hardly any vRS's with this I believe!

I need to order some dash blanks. The previous owner had fitted a parrot bluetooth kit, and the controller wasn't fitted to my liking. So I had the dash out within minutes of being home, and relocated it here:

It seems to have all the post facelift goodies; lights, over shoulder 3rd rear seatbelt, lazy boy indicators, different top dash, black engine logo. But it still has the battery cover, which I love as I was planning on getting one from a pre-facelift.

This is very much going to be a work in progress. I have a lot of small plans for it.

Next on the list is bulbs all round, grill plate surround and handles colour coded, some coil overs, and proper clean!
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Re: Tim's Fabia vRS

Post by Endi_GTI »

Looks really nice mate. Quite a fan of the leather :wink:
Trottagti
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Trottagti »

Yeah I like these alot. We got the normal fabia as a work run around and tbh it gies very well and super solid feeling and being a company car I hurt it hehe.

So a vrs will be naughty....

Little lower, lcr splitter and a nice set of black alloys will kill the look.. IMO ha!
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

I have an LCR waiting to fit. coil overs next month. And I have plans for some 17" Vag wheels in anthracite 8)
BIG RHYS
Gold Member

Post by BIG RHYS »

Tim that is a stunner 8)

Cant wait to see it in the flesh :P .. Wanted a black fabia so bad.. This will look mean lowered and tinted windows :) ..
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Oh yes!

Popped round the leisure to see if you were knocking about earlier mate. Will meet up soon no doubt.
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Great minds think alike lol, lcrs are a must on these.. And the extras you got is a massive touch n selling point aswell.!
Bradley
Gold Member

Post by Bradley »

Looks great Tim,the added extras are always worth the wait especially the factory Xenons.Satnav is the same as i fitted to the Polo,gret you've got the dash display with next manouver on it.Unfortunately the Polo has not display haha.

Look foward to seeing you make it your own,remember you wanting one for a while now.
joe2612
Gold Member

Post by joe2612 »

Love it Tim, always have had my eye on one of these, maybe when petrol becomes to extortionate ;)
Godderz23
Platinum Member

Post by Godderz23 »

Looks great Tim. Extra's look really good also.
6N2 GTI 00
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Lovely stuff mate, the interior looks stunning :)

It just needs to be made into a animal now 8)
nigelelliott394
Gold Member

Post by nigelelliott394 »

Looks great :)

My question is, how much power can you squeeze from it whilst still retaining economy? ;-)
6N2 GTI 00
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

nigelelliott394 wrote:Looks great :)

My question is, how much power can you squeeze from it whilst still retaining economy? ;-)
175-180bhp is about the cut off point with the PD130 engines before you start loosing the immense economy.
Running 170+bhp your likely to get 45-50mpg and 60+ on a motorway run

They have 130bhp standard with 224ft lbs of torque but a good re-map takes them to 170+ bhp and 290+ ft lbs of torque :)
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

As on Facebook. LIKE!
Overseer
Bronze Member

Post by Overseer »

Looks like you got a great example there Tim.

I got a vRS back in June. As much as I love it, I still miss my GTi...my heart sinks every time I see one.

The Fabia makes much more sense financially though; half the price in tax and much less in insurance.

If you have Vagcom, get Autolock put on (if you haven't already); dead easy to do.

Have fun!!!