13s from a k03

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
jasn78
Getting There!

13s from a k03

Post by jasn78 »

Ok guys just ran this time tonight and to say im chuffed is an understatement :)

so I dont know about what times you boys are running in the uk but officialy based on all time slips I have seen including some k04 polos I am now the fastest in OZ lol as of 23/05/2012

and that is on street rubber, I am posting it as more something to get alot of people esp here in aus motivated to get their arses into gear but thought you guys would like to know as well :)
Turbomier
Silver Member

Re: 13s from a k03

Post by Turbomier »

let's call a cat a cat here shall we...
to say the least, these times are impressive, a bit TO impressive actually.
i do not say it is impossible but on streettyres... don't know for sure.
but youre endspeed is 101Mph, wich is good... (don't get me wrong here) but there is something that not match up...

to compare..
i have 240Hp and my GTI has proven many times it is pretty fast for what it is, (i'm not bragging i just tell it like it is, i dont sugarcoat :wink: )
and i can say i am an experianced dragracer, doing it for 10 years now.
and my best time so far was 14.1 on official 1/4 mile (also on street tyres)
my endspeed was 173Km/u (about 107mph)
my 0-60 at that point was 5.4 seconds measured with a Gtech.
so with the tyres i have now (semi's basicly) i recon i can do 13.9sec if luck is on my side...
so 13.8 is VERRY fast to say the least! specially on street tyres...
not that i dont believe you but youre endspeed pretty much proves the measurement was incorrect i think...
because if you did a 13.8 with an endspeed of "only" 101Mph you had a 0-60 of about 5sec flat or even better, wich is impossible with street tyres.
or you did a bad 0-60 with a verry slow start so thats why you got a "low" endspeed (for that time), but then youre acceleration must be immensly fast to still reach a time of 13.8.
wich is also pretty impossible because you drive with a stadard K03s.
and i also drive with a factory K03s, mine is also custom mapped to the absolute max. it can handle, i have a peakboost of 1.5 - 1.6bar.
so it's pretty much impossible to have that much more power as me for you to have an accelaration that makes up that time diffrence of a slow 0-60 and a 13.8 endrun.
i estimate that if you have a bad start with a 101mph endspeed youre accelaration is so fast, you must have about 400Hp...
also youre 60ft time is 2.132sec, as i did it in 1.8sxxec, wich tells me youre 0.60 is slower as 5.4sec what i did.
and youre 1/8mile is 8.988sec, not sure about my time but i believe it was about high 7 to 8sec flat (have to look this up to be sure)
and you still manage to get it to 13.8 on street tyres with a slower 0-60 and 1/8mile as me.
i would be more than happy to actually see that these times are possible, but it does not match all up.

either way, something is not correct, and i truly hate it to bring this up, but i speak my mind about what i see :wink:
so i hope you won't take tis the wrong way... :!:
SA57.DUB
Getting There!

Post by SA57.DUB »

14.1 @ 107mph? U got a 9n3 GTI I take it?

I've done 14.2 @ 99.64 at Santa pod in my dyno proven 239bhp 9n3 GTI.
jasn78
Getting There!

Post by jasn78 »

Turbomier wrote:let's call a cat a cat here shall we...
to say the least, these times are impressive, a bit TO impressive actually.
i do not say it is impossible but on streettyres... don't know for sure.
but youre endspeed is 101Mph, wich is good... (don't get me wrong here) but there is something that not match up...
either way, something is not correct, and i truly hate it to bring this up, but i speak my mind about what i see :wink:
so i hope you won't take tis the wrong way... :!:
Mate i take some serious offence to this s8*t

I have Toyo Proxes 4's I was running 25psi in them and as for the inaccurate recording we are talking one of the premier quarter mile strips in Australia if not anywhere they are ANDRA certified have regular meets of everything from Rail cars to these test n tunes and as for calling me a liar you can go get stuffed.
VWindahouse
Bronze Member

Post by VWindahouse »

Firstly just want to say Turbomier where the hell have you been hiding?? We havn't seen your wisdom on Watercooled for eons. Glad to see you're still alive man! :D

Bit OT but finally changed of the Forge for the Seat cooler and you were spot on as usual :D

Anyway back to Jason's mad efforts. Just want to say I have known Jason for about 6 years or so thanks to Watercooled and both living in Brisbane. And for that time he has been out to Willowbank Raceway every chance he gets in his beloved Polo, sometimes weekly. (yes I've been out just to watch him) It's been this fellas mission to prove the nay sayers on Watercooled wrong for that entire time and he finally nailed it and on street tyres.

Now Willowbank isn't you tempoary tuner expo day, portable timing equipment fun day out set up. It's an international pro destination seen here
http://www.willowbankraceway.com.au/ So I don't think there is any disputing the slip.

He just had the golden run imo :D
jasn78
Getting There!

Post by jasn78 »

VWindahouse wrote:Firstly just want to say Turbomier where the hell have you been hiding?? We havn't seen your wisdom on Watercooled for eons. Glad to see you're still alive man! :D

Bit OT but finally changed of the Forge for the Seat cooler and you were spot on as usual :D

Anyway back to Jason's mad efforts. Just want to say I have known Jason for about 6 years or so thanks to Watercooled and both living in Brisbane. And for that time he has been out to Willowbank Raceway every chance he gets in his beloved Polo, sometimes weekly. (yes I've been out just to watch him) It's been this fellas mission to prove the nay sayers on Watercooled wrong for that entire time and he finally nailed it and on street tyres.

Now Willowbank isn't you tempoary tuner expo day, portable timing equipment fun day out set up. It's an international pro destination seen here
http://www.willowbankraceway.com.au/ So I don't think there is any disputing the slip.

He just had the golden run imo :D
Thanks mate, and I can't wait to see the red devil down the track, and now that I have calmed donw abit I can understand if in the uk they have temp qtr mile sites whie you might not believe my times turbotiemer but as Anthony said and you can see by the link this strip is as legit as you can get.
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

I was finding in my rs4 that if I got a poor launch my terminal speed was higher. If u get a good launch you start to cover the ground quick. As for tyres r888 are street tyres but you wouldn't want to use them everyday. What tyres have you got exactly
jasn78
Getting There!

Post by jasn78 »

g_humm, I am running Toyo Proxe 4's
jasn78
Getting There!

Post by jasn78 »

and to further prove I was on normal tyres

http://www.dragphotos.com.au/p692944393 ... 3#ha5e6a43
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

WTF! I think I need a supercharger!

How are you guys getting low 5s 0-60 with FWD and c.240 bhp??

My E46 M3 (c. 340 bhp RWD) only books at 5.1s to 60!!

Damn!
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Oh, and congratulations Jason... Well done mate :)
jasn78
Getting There!

Post by jasn78 »

Thanks for that josh, forget s/chargers turbos are the winning formula :D
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

hold te horses, please ;)
im not telling you are a liar, you must know, as i am from Belgium it is pretty hard for me to sometimes find the right words or to explain what i realy mean.
but as far as i know i diddn't call you a liar, but i'm verry sorry if it came over that way...
like VWindahouse has indicated, you are also a dragracers in the heart who knows what he is talking about.
but from youre photo, i can tell by some things i see that you were in the advantage for getting to that time wich places everything in another daylight also :wink:
so, a great time to achieve buddy!!

@VWindahouse: a bit of this and that realy, renovating my house, got a kid.. life i guess :wink:
but it feels good to be back :mrgreen:
btw, happy to hear it worked out well with the IC!
jasn78
Getting There!

Post by jasn78 »

No worries mate, just wondering what you mean by I had other things to my advantage?
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

ow, sorry, i forgot to mension the reason :lol: lol
i see in the picture they used that "glue" stuff on the road for having more grip.
so that with street tyres gives mor grip as with semi's on normal tarmac, so you must have had a verry good launch :wink:
i know that you can get almost half a second faster in a good run with that stuff.
if that is the case youre timeslip matches up with it's times and speed also.
so thats why i call it "advantage" but no worries, it is still a verry verry sharp time you acieved!
unless i'm wrong...?