help needed!!

Discuss In Car Entertainment
Ant168
New

help needed!!

Post by Ant168 »

Hi all,

One of my mates was playing around with my stereo and managed to blow it when he turned it right up. Anyways, he brought me a new 1 but it doesn't turn on :shock:
Can anyone give me any hinters on how to resolve this or what may be the causes?? I've already checked all the fuses and used an electrical tester and there is power from the live wire. However the yellow wire (ignition I believe) has no power.

Cheers,

Ant
mattskate
Bronze Member

Re: help needed!!

Post by mattskate »

try the fuses again, i had the same problem, checked the fuse and everything was fine but i got it checked out by an in car sound company and they changed another fuse and it was fine so check all the fuses, wat year polo is urs? i can get the fuse location if its the same as mine...
Mytukas
New

Re: help needed!!

Post by Mytukas »

I was in same situation like you. After turning up the volume it switched off. New stereo did not work either and fuses were alright. I have managed to find the problem couple weeks later.
In my case, one of the power cables coming from the car to the stereo did not give power. I remember there was two 12+ Volts cables running to the stereo. So I disconnected the dead cable and connected it together with another one. And it worked to me. The only thing changed after connecting those two cables together is that I can listen music when the engine is off, before that I could not. So I got two similar stereos now, old one and new one in perfect working condition.
Sorry for my english. I hope you catch what I tried to say :)