NMavs's Candy White Polo GTI - Build Thread

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Re: NMavs's Candy White Polo GTI - Build Thread

Post by greypolo9n3 »

Wahaayyy....better than retrofitting OEM xenons then i guess...

can you tell me where you bought them from? and do they fit nicely around the wings/bumper and bonnet?
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

I got them from a manufacturer over in china but through a guy on ebay. They where LHD units but they changed the beams to flick the opposite way for RHD. I had to contact the guy in order to get them as they aren't for sale on ebay, but it looks like the guys disappeared as I've not heard back from him since as i tried to get another set for a mate of mine. If i hear back from him ill let you know bud. And yes, fit perfectly around the bumper, etc. Same shape as original headlamps. The only thing about them is because they where LHD units, the plug on the drivers side is a little on the short side, but i just loosen the wire clips and pulled it out a little further, now fits like a glove :)
greypolo9n3
Gold Member

Post by greypolo9n3 »

NMavs wrote:I got them from a manufacturer over in china but through a guy on ebay. They where LHD units but they changed the beams to flick the opposite way for RHD. I had to contact the guy in order to get them as they aren't for sale on ebay, but it looks like the guys disappeared as I've not heard back from him since as i tried to get another set for a mate of mine. If i hear back from him ill let you know bud. And yes, fit perfectly around the bumper, etc. Same shape as original headlamps. The only thing about them is because they where LHD units, the plug on the drivers side is a little on the short side, but i just loosen the wire clips and pulled it out a little further, now fits like a glove :)
Sorry to dissapoint but these are on ebay now for RHD lol

i thought yours was lhd from the pattern in the pic
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Are they? Get them bought then man i never knew they where on there now. And LHD kick the opposite way to mine. Suppose it does look weird on that pic because of the light on the far right hand side which is from another car across the road lol.
greypolo9n3
Gold Member

Post by greypolo9n3 »

NMavs wrote:Are they? Get them bought then man i never knew they where on there now. And LHD kick the opposite way to mine. Suppose it does look weird on that pic because of the light on the far right hand side which is from another car across the road lol.
Yeahh...but im thinking customs would do my nut in :(
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

** Update **

So i haven't updated this thread in a long time. Done quite a few things to the GTI since, so here goes:

* Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust - Non Res
* Custom Code Phase 2 Remap
* 312mm Callipers and Carriers (EBC discs and Pagid Pads)
* Hose Technik braided brake hoses
* ST / KW Rear Shock Absorbers (Originals eventually popped after 3 years of abuse)
* RNS 510 Sat Nav (All updated to latest firmware and 2014 Maps)

Still to do:

* Rolling Road Power Run (For Stage 2 gains)
* Powerflex / SuperPro Bushes
* Rear Windows Tints (OEM)
* 8 or 10mm Spacers for the front wheels
* Change of alloys maybe? Not sure whether to refurb the Rota Grids (Different colour) or have the original Monzas diamond cut. What are peoples thoughts, i need help :shock: ?
* Replace the Red GTI badges for new ones, as the current ones are looking a bit worse for wear.
* Possibly change the VW badges for gloss black. Still unsure whether it looks good or bad? :?

On a whole, the car drives superb now. Stops just as well as its starts.
Pulls like a train right through every gear, and the noise from that Milltek :evil: :lol: :evil: Absolute animal.

So couple of pics.

Comparison of the OEM downpipe next to the Milltek :evil: Could feel a huge difference just from fitting the downpipe, before having the map tweaked.

The Downpipe sitting nice and snug up there.

Cheeky little shot outside JBS / Custom Code whislt having the Stage 2 mapped in :evil:

Also bought 'a few' :wink: detailing goodies. Spent way to much, i think i may have an illness for this stuff :lol:
Cant wait to give this stuff a try :D

As always, comments are always welcomed :)
Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

Awesome car buddy, how does it sound with the Forge CAI? I mean the noise inside???? thank you for your reply. Jerry
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Hey man, Thanks a lot.

To be honest, i don't think the forge CAI made to much difference noise wise inside the cabin. It does however give a nice throaty noise from the outside. Hope that helps buddy.
Jerry77
Getting There!

NMavs's Candy White Polo GTI - Build Thread

Post by Jerry77 »

Thank you! It helps. I got a good offer for VWR CAI so probably will go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

Cars sounding awesome now mavs even though the downpipe was a pig to fit we got there in the end !!
tommytse22
Bronze Member
Drives: polo gti

Post by tommytse22 »

cars so nice! so much money spent on it!

im soon to be one of the polo GTI owner! :)

getting a basic black GTI! not sure what to do with it yet! everything cost so much to do!
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Thanks for the comments guys.

Unfortunately, the car is now up for sale. Loved every minute of this car, but now require something bigger so it has to go. :cry:

In the for sale section now.