DRL's on new Blue GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

DRL's on new Blue GT

Post by Norbreck21a »

Hi guys. Just in the final stages of finalising the specs in preparation for ordering the wife a new Polo Blue GT to replace her current 6R 1.4 SEL DSG.

One of the questions I'm having trouble with is over the DRL's. The wife (and I) dislike on her current 2011 Polo that the "DRL's are in fact the headlights and tail lights on all the time, and for that reason we are considering specifying the Xenon light package which gives you the fairy light LED's in the headlights (as well as much better headlights and cornering lights of course). Whilst the wife loves the idea of this, it's the price that's making her baulk at £765.00 (which to be fair I'm willing to pay).

However (and finally here's the question), I've seen some photos of a Blue GT without Xenon's, and the DRL's were in fact in the outside sections of the lower fog lights (like they are on the current Bluemotion versions), and how they should have been from day one. Unfortunately as Blue GT's are rarer than rocking horse doings, it's been impossible to confirm if this was a publicity shot or in fact how they are now coming supplied. Does anyone on here have a Blue GT (without Xenon's) and can confirm if this is the case or not please ?

Many thanks in advance.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Re: DRL's on new Blue GT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

Here in Denmark it is stock with the DRL in the outside parts of the foglight. (and the rear lights are not on)

The rest of the foglight also doubles as cornering lights. :)
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

Excellent. Thanks you Martin, let's hope it's the same in the UK.

Any UK Blue GT owners out there can confirm please ?
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

I'm sure the dealer can give you all the information you need. :)
In any case if it's not stock in the UK it's most likely an option you can pick.

I have just ordered a BlueGT last week and I wnet for the Bi-Xenon headlights.
I have read in here that you loose the foglights in the UK but here they stay on. So there a few differences.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Hi Norbeck

I can confirm as a BlueGT owner that the DRLs for standard model are on outer part of foglights.

It's a great car and your wife will be very happy with it

Andy
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Why if spec the Blue GT With xenon lights you cannot pick Alcantara interior? As the standard interior is :shock: .
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

Standard interior is actually really nice, it looks much more garish in photos than in reality - the reason I didn't spec the xenon's on my 2014 BlueGT was because they remove the fog lights...
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Having sat in the 2013 model of the BlueGT I can confirm the standard interior is fantastic. Pictures don't do it justice. When I look at changing my car I'd certainly consider the BlueGT with standard interior, not a fan of Alcantara. Shame it doesn't come in leather.
smurftech
New

Post by smurftech »

Norbreck21a wrote:Excellent. Thanks you Martin, let's hope it's the same in the UK.

Any UK Blue GT owners out there can confirm please ?

Bit late but here goes, my 2014 pre facelift BlueGT has DRL's in the foglight cluster, they come on with the ignition and only go off when you put sidelight and main beam on.

They are straight 180 degree pins 1156 / BA15S / P21W fitting as per these: http://ebay.eu/XpnRN3

I mistakenly ordered offset pins LED DRL BAU15S / PY21W bulbs but they did not fit...
Jordan T
New

Post by Jordan T »

smurftech wrote: Bit late but here goes, my 2014 pre facelift BlueGT has DRL's in the foglight cluster, they come on with the ignition and only go off when you put sidelight and main beam on.
New forum member here. :)

I've had my face lifted 3dr 1.0 SE Polo for just over a month now. Its DRL are as described above. Is there a way of making them stay switched on all the time even when the side and dip lights are switched on?

Best,

Jordan