VW on-line order tracker

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JohnNW
Getting There!

VW on-line order tracker

Post by JohnNW »

Just wondering if anyone one on here can give some idea of how long each stage on the VW Track My Order site takes.

I ordered a BlueGT on 30.07.14 and got the order number from my dealer on 02.08.14. It then showed up as the first stage - "Processing your order". That changed to "With the factory" on 16.08.14.

Any idea when I'll get a build week confirmed?

For the record I've ordered:

5dr Manual
Blue Silk
Xenons
Winter pack
Light and sight pack
Climatronic
Front/rear park sensors
Arm rest
Carpet mats
Mirrorlink (but this has now been withdrawn, unfortunately).
3 year service plan for £199.
disfunktion
New

Re: VW on-line order tracker

Post by disfunktion »

The order tracker is pretty much pointless as there seems to be no correlation to it being updated and where you car actually is.

Mine went from Step 3 (build week confirmed) straight to Step 5a (in transit) - with no mention at all of Step 4.

It's easier to just call Customer care for the correct Information on the 0800 number.
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

VW on-line order tracker

Post by paulrodgers7 »

I concur with that, I ordered my 5 door on the 31st July received the order number a couple of days later and going by the online tracker I'm still waiting on a confirmed build week.
I reckon I'm looking at between 16 and 20 weeks from the date I ordered at the dealer so possibly the week before Christmas before it's on my driveway, does that sound realistic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnNW
Getting There!

Post by JohnNW »

disfunktion wrote:The order tracker is pretty much pointless as there seems to be no correlation to it being updated and where you car actually is.

Mine went from Step 3 (build week confirmed) straight to Step 5a (in transit) - with no mention at all of Step 4.

It's easier to just call Customer care for the correct Information on the 0800 number.
Thanks for that, I'll give them a call tomorrow.
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

I did find it worked quicker online for me than the dealer was telling me directly, I knew it was on the way before they did.

For reference, my 3dr BlueGT took about 8 weeks from order to delivery on the new 2014 spec for a 3dr.
JohnNW
Getting There!

Post by JohnNW »

paulrodgers7 wrote:I concur with that, I ordered my 5 door on the 31st July received the order number a couple of days later and going by the online tracker I'm still waiting on a confirmed build week.
I reckon I'm looking at between 16 and 20 weeks from the date I ordered at the dealer so possibly the week before Christmas before it's on my driveway, does that sound realistic?

That seems a bit long, as I was told 10 to 12 weeks, so mid October for me. However, I've not received a build week yet either, so who knows when it'll actually arrive?
Roundsquare
New

Post by Roundsquare »

It worked well for me when I ordered my recent Golf.

The fact yours still says its with the factory means its waiting on a build date. This won't change until you are given a confirmed date. I don't know how long the Polo's are taking from order to delivery but my GTD was taking anything up to 24 weeks.

I ordered at the beginning of February and the tracker never changed until roughly 2 months (April). I contacted VW and all they could give me was a provisional build date of the begging of May.

Right on schedule the tracker changed to build week allocated 4 weeks before it was due to be built.
ben4012
Getting There!

Post by ben4012 »

My car was two months door to door. By the time I had the number it was on the second stage between build and delivery was about two weeks.
thRONe
New
Drives: 2014 Polo sel petrol

Post by thRONe »

It makes a difference whether you have 3 door or 5 door.
I ordered a 3 door sel petrol mid June, dealer delivered to home on 31st August ready for the 64 plate on 1st September.
Very impressed with order tracking, I had emails at each of tne 7 stages, and knew the position before the dealer.

Changing from a 1.6 petrol Qashqai, the difference in performance of the 1.2 is incredible. 0 to 62 in 9.3 secs. Needs a lot of willpower to stop thrashing it. Bit concerned about the cost of oil, around £10 litre. Hope it doesn't use to much!!
thRONe
New
Drives: 2014 Polo sel petrol

Post by thRONe »

It makes a difference whether you have 3 door or 5 door.
I ordered a 3 door sel petrol mid June, dealer delivered to home on 31st August ready for the 64 plate on 1st September.
Very impressed with order tracking, I had emails at each of tne 7 stages, and knew the position before the dealer.

Changing from a 1.6 petrol Qashqai, the difference in performance of the 1.2 is incredible. 0 to 62 in 9.3 secs. Needs a lot of willpower to stop thrashing it. Bit concerned about the cost of oil, around £10 litre. Hope it doesn't use to much!!
paulrodgers7
Getting There!

Post by paulrodgers7 »

I`ve just had my build week confirmed for the end of this month, that`ll be 8 weeks to that stage from doing the deal in the showroom.
JohnNW
Getting There!

Post by JohnNW »

paulrodgers7 wrote:I`ve just had my build week confirmed for the end of this month, that`ll be 8 weeks to that stage from doing the deal in the showroom.
That's interesting to know.
BTW what have you ordered?
paulrodgers7
Getting There!

VW on-line order tracker

Post by paulrodgers7 »

I've ordered a 5 dr SEL 1.2 TSI engine, biding my time patiently on it's arrival :o)

JohnNW
Getting There!

Post by JohnNW »

I have now had the build week via the on-line tracker. It is 12th October.

How long after the build week is car likely to be with the dealer? I thought it was about 4 weeks, but can anyone confirm.
grayzer
New
Drives: Match 1.2 5 Door Nimbus Grey

Post by grayzer »

I'm waiting on my 5 door SEL 1.2TSI 110 and it's being showing as in transit for weeks now. I got an email from my dealer to say it was onboard a ship called the 'Glovis Century' and shouldn't be much longer, does anybody know where the cars get offloaded in the UK? I'm assuming it'll take a little bit longer to reach my dealer in Belfast (an extra week maybe)?
Last edited by grayzer on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.