Silver or Anthracite?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Silver or Anthracite?

Post by lancslad1985 »

After a lot of consideration I'm going with the BlueGT over the Scirocco and can't wait to order it in Jan. I'd like some advice from those that have the Blue Silk version - which looks better, Silver or Anthracite wheels? Obviously if I got white I'd get anthracite and if I got Black I'd get silver, but I can't make a decision on the Blue Silk!
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Re: Silver or Anthracite?

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

I would go with the anthracite for a blue BlueGT. I just think the silver is too light a wheel against the blue.
98octaneblood
Getting There!
Drives: Blue GT MY15

Post by 98octaneblood »

I'd only choose anthracite wheels with white or silver paint. Honestly, I really considered the Silk blue, but I thought I'd get tired soon.

I like Pepper grey but it was not available for the GT :|
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Thanks both. I know Mart!n has a white GT, what colour did you go for 90octaneblood?
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Post by rsmagee »

I got anthracite with my white BGT. Looks awesome and aggressive with tinted rear glass. Will stick a pic up when I get a chance.
98octaneblood
Getting There!
Drives: Blue GT MY15

Post by 98octaneblood »

lancslad1985 wrote:Thanks both. I know Mart!n has a white GT, what colour did you go for 90octaneblood?
My Blue GT is Pure white + silver wheels

I opened a presentation thread if you want to see some pics and slight mods :wink:
http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 56&t=62503
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Looks nice! I do like it in white with black wheels, but I also like the Blue colour. At least I've got two and a half weeks to make a decision before my preferred salesman is in!
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

The anthracite colour is high gloss and nowhere near as dark as I've seen other 'anthracite' wheels done, I got mine in this colour mainly to hide a little of the brake dust between cleans, but overall it is a great colour - not too dark and not too bright :)
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

nry wrote:The anthracite colour is high gloss and nowhere near as dark as I've seen other 'anthracite' wheels done, I got mine in this colour mainly to hide a little of the brake dust between cleans, but overall it is a great colour - not too dark and not too bright :)
Am I right in remembering you got the blue silk too Nry? I really can't wait to get my hands on this car now. Doesn't help my wife picked up her brand new 1.2tsi SE on Friday and it's a better spec and more fun than my golf :(
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

I ordered silver on my white GT. Anthracite wheels just look as if you can't be ar$ed to clean the brake dust off :)
Your evil twin
New
Drives: 6R 3door 1.0 60PS

Post by Your evil twin »

My Polo is silk blue and a light gray wheel fits it perfectly..
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

lancslad1985 wrote:
nry wrote:The anthracite colour is high gloss and nowhere near as dark as I've seen other 'anthracite' wheels done, I got mine in this colour mainly to hide a little of the brake dust between cleans, but overall it is a great colour - not too dark and not too bright :)
Am I right in remembering you got the blue silk too Nry? I really can't wait to get my hands on this car now. Doesn't help my wife picked up her brand new 1.2tsi SE on Friday and it's a better spec and more fun than my golf :(
Yep, Blue Silk it had to be, matches the seats :)
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Right decision made as I saw a Blue Silk with Anthracite yesterday and it looks good. Thanks everyone for the help, I will of course post pics when I eventually get it. The wait is killing me :(
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

lancslad1985 wrote:The wait is killing me :(
+1 Especially as I still haven't seen a Blue GT in person. Dealers only seem to have base models :(
Jamesbluegt
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r bluegt

Silver or Anthracite?

Post by Jamesbluegt »

@TheFrog @lancslad1985 same here, had to drive 25 mins to test drive one but was worth it although it was a dsg :/ And iv seen 1 driving about but that's it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk