BLueGT Racechip

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Welshboff
New
Drives: Blue GT

BLueGT Racechip

Post by Welshboff »

Hi,

I been looking at the chip tuning options out there for the BlueGT (6r) and reading these forums I thought if I got one I would go for a race chip one:

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/volk ... /index.php

Well...... given the crash of the euro against the pound I thought sod it and ordered the Race Chip One TB. Converted over to pounds it cost £235 total. Nearly a third off. It arrived in 48 hrs!! from Germany.

Plus apparently I got a free upgrade to the top of the range model: Race Chip Ultimate TB.

I've not fitted it to the car yet, I hope to do that this weekend and will report back with my findings for those who are interested.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Re: BLueGT Racechip

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

Why not get it OBD tuned??? It's better for the engine, gets you more horsepower and is cheaper.

Here in Denmark it costs between the price of RaceChip OneTB & Pro2TB and will give around 183 hp...
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Post by rsmagee »

Be interested to see this. Have a DTE box fitted to my Polo 6C.

@ Mart!n-GTI-DK

I don't know of any remap available for the CoD 1.4 TSI
peter_dk25
Silver Member

Post by peter_dk25 »

Just installed the Racechip Response Control in my Blue GT - very happy about it. Please keep us informed about the Racechip Ultimate performance........
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

peter_dk25 wrote:Just installed the Racechip Response Control in my Blue GT - very happy about it. Please keep us informed about the Racechip Ultimate performance........
Haha I have the DTE version of this in mine. It really makes a stunning difference dosnt it! You will get used to it and forget about it in a couple of weeks, turn it off at that point and you will be shocked at how slow the throttle feels.
Welshboff
New

Post by Welshboff »

I need something I can remove from the car as and when so a remap wasn't an option.

Planning on fitting in the morning and will let you know.
peter_dk25
Silver Member

Post by peter_dk25 »

rsmagee wrote:
peter_dk25 wrote:Just installed the Racechip Response Control in my Blue GT - very happy about it. Please keep us informed about the Racechip Ultimate performance........
Haha I have the DTE version of this in mine. It really makes a stunning difference dosnt it! You will get used to it and forget about it in a couple of weeks, turn it off at that point and you will be shocked at how slow the throttle feels.
Yes, BIG difference.....
:-)
Welshboff
New

Post by Welshboff »

Well... how frigging hard.

Instructions say to take air-box off to get to MAP sensor. Looking around the MAP sensor is just under the air-box cover. The cover seems to be fair bit wider than the actual filter, prob to provide some additional protection to other bits namely MAP sensor around that area.

Trying to get the damn thing is a royal pain. Is it just the 4 clips to get the air box cover off or am I missing something obvious?
Welshboff
New

Post by Welshboff »

Update,

I fitted it this morning. Had some problems working out how to get the airbox off but got there in the end.

As for difference....... it seems every man and his dog was out but the car feels a lot smoother, more responsive, acceleration is better too.
peter_dk25
Silver Member

Post by peter_dk25 »

Welshboff wrote:Update,

I fitted it this morning. Had some problems working out how to get the airbox off but got there in the end.

As for difference....... it seems every man and his dog was out but the car feels a lot smoother, more responsive, acceleration is better too.
Is it possible to have a picture or two of the engine bay after the installment - thanks :D
Welshboff
New

Post by Welshboff »

To be honest there is nothing to really see. Its all very discrete. The only thing you have to do is find a place to mount the racechip. I chose somewhere on the engine bay bulkhead.
peter_dk25
Silver Member

Post by peter_dk25 »

Welshboff wrote:To be honest there is nothing to really see. Its all very discrete. The only thing you have to do is find a place to mount the racechip. I chose somewhere on the engine bay bulkhead.
OK!
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

Welshboff wrote:To be honest there is nothing to really see. Its all very discrete. The only thing you have to do is find a place to mount the racechip. I chose somewhere on the engine bay bulkhead.
Id be curious to see how you did it too. Mine is just jammed in front of the battery.

Also, does your start stop still work correctly?
Welshboff
New

Post by Welshboff »

rsmagee wrote:
Id be curious to see how you did it too. Mine is just jammed in front of the battery.

Also, does your start stop still work correctly?
I placed mine on the rear bulkhead (top right), there are some welded fasteners type things on the engine bay so it was easy to zip tie it to something solid.

Stop / Start seems to be working fine.

Racechip have confirmed that even though I have the upgraded hardware they have only tuned it at the base tune as I ordered.

What one did you get, would be interested in this now.
Mayhem
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 polo 1.2 tsi

Post by Mayhem »

These any better than the DTuk boxes? been looking at both myself and as you say they are alot cheaper especially compared to the DTuk response and tuning boxes.