Mysterious sound

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Basko
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2TSI

Mysterious sound

Post by Basko »

Does anyone know what can it be
in the morning after 100 meters passed, in left side of car (maybe around pedals or in engine bay) something make sound like the valve is closing, only one "click", everytime I start car after 50-100-200 meters, sometimes quieter sometimes louder?
Mayhem
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 polo 1.2 tsi

Re: Mysterious sound

Post by Mayhem »

Not your doors locking is it? :lol:
Basko
New

Post by Basko »

no, it is turned off :) :|
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

Do you have Auto light?
Basko
New

Post by Basko »

No, I don't have :? Model is 6C 1.2 TSI...
no one hear that sound in first minute of driving?
wolfie
Gold Member
Drives: 6R1-1.2 TSI (2011, CBZB, 77Kw, 35Kmiles)

Post by wolfie »

Yeah, think I hear something similar on my 6R0 1.2Tsi. I've always assumed it to me something to do with the brakes as it happens round about 10mph ish (going slowly anyway) It's like a little valve going thunk type sound (very quietly) that you appear to hear as you pass a certain speed. (I think it comes from where I imagine the brake servo to be within the engine bay) There's too much clever stuff going on with modern vehicles, if you can't fix it with a spanner or a hammer it shouldn't be allowed... grumble, grumble. :)
jobbercete
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 6R 1.2 TSI 90cv Sport

Post by jobbercete »

I think I know what you mean, and I hear it since day one on my 6R :D , don't know what it is....but seems normal to me! :roll:
Basko
New

Post by Basko »

wolfie wrote:Yeah, think I hear something similar on my 6R0 1.2Tsi. I've always assumed it to me something to do with the brakes as it happens round about 10mph ish (going slowly anyway) It's like a little valve going thunk type sound (very quietly) that you appear to hear as you pass a certain speed. (I think it comes from where I imagine the brake servo to be within the engine bay) There's too much clever stuff going on with modern vehicles, if you can't fix it with a spanner or a hammer it shouldn't be allowed... grumble, grumble. :)
jobbercete wrote:I think I know what you mean, and I hear it since day one on my 6R :D , don't know what it is....but seems normal to me! :roll:
I think we all talk about the same thing :D
sometimes I barely hear it, but sometimes sounds very odd can be heard over radio on "normal" volume
I also think this is normal, but am a bit curious what is it, if anybody knows? :)
and sorry for my bad english :P