BlueGT Drivers, what kind of mileage are you getting?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
pzboyz
New
Drives: '13 BlueGT, '10 Scirocco

Re: BlueGT Drivers, what kind of mileage are you getting?

Post by pzboyz »

gti-joe wrote:... with the cruise set at 65mph most of the way, was impressed at the time. Now around 47mpg running on a mix of city, A, B roads and dual carriageways, probably more realistic figures.
I think using the cruise control is one way to get the best MPG, I find the engine is able to get into 2-cylinder mode much quicker than I could ever do so with it turned off.

In very flat areas, Yep you can get it into the mid 50's, but high 40's seem more common if you are going to go at +75MPH.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Are the DSG owners here getting better mpg than the manual or vice versa? Obviously this depends on how heavy your right foot is! After speaking to my stealership last night they confirmed I only need a very small deposit to change from my golf S to a Blue GT so I'm going to be ordering in Jan and want to make sure I spec my car up right :D
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Post by rsmagee »

So, a little update, now after 1500 miles I am getting about 52 mpg :)

My dad has a dsg A3 with the same engine and gets about 50 mpg.
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

rsmagee wrote:So, a little update, now after 1500 miles I am getting about 52 mpg
That's good enough for me. The Jaguar XKR I used to drive didn't feel that much quicker (up to about 70-80, obviously) and I only managed 25mpg on that!
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

A little update a year in...I'm seeing 49.* mpg average after 12,000 miles sitting on the same a-road 5 days a week. If I don't get silly overtaking and enjoying the power it edges up towards 50 but I can't be that nice to the car all the time, it's too much fun! Overall, 49mpg out of a car like this is fine by me with £20 car tax and just under £200 insurance for me at 38.