Too much condensation in my 6r

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Wilxay
Silver Member

Too much condensation in my 6r

Post by Wilxay »

The nights are drawing in and it's that time of year where my windscreen is covered in water on the inside, so much so that the water droplets group together and run down the windscreen. I've taken it to Volkswagen while it still has some warranty but they just aren't doing anything about it because they haven't witnessed it themselves.

I get that sometimes moisture in the car will condense on the Windows but as you can see from the picture, the water is coming from the vents.

My A/C has recently been serviced but it still takes a good 15 mins to clear just some of the water from the w/screen.

Any ideas guys? Because the main dealers can't be arsed. Image
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: Too much condensation in my 6r

Post by Dink »

do you run the ventilation on recirculation? as that will cause it to do that

also check to make sure all the areas under the scuttle area are clear of leaves/dirt to make it isn't getting into the cabin from there
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

No leaves or dirt and always run without recirculating
zarfield
New
Drives: MKVIII6R

Post by zarfield »

have you tried the warm air circulating inside the car? we have fogs on the inside here in china and we use warm wind...
audiobull
New
Drives: 6r

Post by audiobull »

We get this problem. We are hoping it was too much water used when it was cleaned for when we brought the car. I heard the pillars or something can hold water or leak water? Is this a possibility?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I had this happen some years ago in a Vauxhall, and a damp cabin pollen filter was the cause.
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

I've got it back from VW and they haven't done a thing with it. Might try and use the heaters a little differently. Usually it stays on number one position all the time, but I might get into the habit of turning them off before I exit the car and leave it. Also leaving my blower direction on the vents instead of being on windscreen all the time. Gonna have a go at checking my pollen filter too to see if water can get in somehow
Nicomati
New
Drives: VW POLO 6R

Post by Nicomati »

Wilxay wrote:I've got it back from VW and they haven't done a thing with it. Might try and use the heaters a little differently. Usually it stays on number one position all the time, but I might get into the habit of turning them off before I exit the car and leave it. Also leaving my blower direction on the vents instead of being on windscreen all the time. Gonna have a go at checking my pollen filter too to see if water can get in somehow
Hi Wilxway!

A lot of VW owners have this problem, me included...

Recommend using this product (or something similar),

http://www.carcarepassion.com/es/carpro ... -vaho-2014

And usually wipe the glass with a microfibber towel,

Regards!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Mayhem
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 polo 1.2 tsi

Post by Mayhem »

Had same problem. Don't think there's a lot that can be done. I got one of these from halfords. Works a treat

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-ac ... humidifier
Sharna14
New
Drives: Polo 6R GTI

Post by Sharna14 »

yeah I get this too, & it freezes in the winter too.

Im going to trying some of the things people have posted cause I cant be scrapping the inside of my window again this year its awful! :(