New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
m0rrthal
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 VW Polo 6C GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by m0rrthal »

ShaunP wrote:First organised polo meet from the owners club Facebook page. Around 22 polos turned up and turned out to be a cracking day. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615655315371819/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, in the poll Blue Silk was one of the most popular colors, but was there a single one on the meet? :D
ShaunP
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI

Post by ShaunP »

m0rrthal wrote:
ShaunP wrote:First organised polo meet from the owners club Facebook page. Around 22 polos turned up and turned out to be a cracking day. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615655315371819/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, in the poll Blue Silk was one of the most popular colors, but was there a single one on the meet? :D
Funnily enough there wasn't a single one! And surprisingly for black being the free option there were only 3 black ones! Must have had a deal going for white ones.. :D
jacksb7
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by jacksb7 »

White GTI spotted at Knowlsey Safari Park today, anyone on here?
TeddyThePug
New
Drives: GTi

Post by TeddyThePug »

Hi guys/gals, I need to fill in a formto enable me to take it abroad on the company scheme but to do so I need to know the car registration. At what point in the process is the car registered and given a reg no? My Gti is on stage 5 'left the factory' currently.

The need is time critical as if I'm not cleared to drive it abroad (i'm taking it to France 17th June) I won't be able to drive to Le Mans :(
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by d7lan »

TeddyThePug wrote:Hi guys/gals, I need to fill in a formto enable me to take it abroad on the company scheme but to do so I need to know the car registration. At what point in the process is the car registered and given a reg no? My Gti is on stage 5 'left the factory' currently.

The need is time critical as if I'm not cleared to drive it abroad (i'm taking it to France 17th June) I won't be able to drive to Le Mans :(
Have a chat with your salesman, as far as I am aware the dealership will have a list of allocated registration numbers that they choose from when registering cars, he may be able to set one aside for you.

Typically though, the car will be registered once it has arrived at the dealership and is PDI'd.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Post by d7lan »

Had a response from VW on Twitter today telling me my car on the City of Amsterdam which is currently passing Guernsey.

Not wanting to get my hopes up but I don't see end of next week being too much of a push for collection!

Essexpologti
New
Drives: Polo gti 2015

Post by Essexpologti »

Does anyone know if the dealers would change the gti badges to the golf gti badges?
I think they look smart and would be easier if they done it :P.
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

Post by C_Randell_23 »

Essexpologti wrote:Does anyone know if the dealers would change the gti badges to the golf gti badges?
I asked my dealer that exact question and it seemed to confuse him, probably best done by yourself after pick up.

Does anyone know any sites that sell the authentic PP golf gti red badges? I have seen some on sale on ebay but they are £20 each!
TeddyThePug
New
Drives: GTi

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by TeddyThePug »

d7lan wrote:
TeddyThePug wrote:Hi guys/gals, I need to fill in a formto enable me to take it abroad on the company scheme but to do so I need to know the car registration. At what point in the process is the car registered and given a reg no? My Gti is on stage 5 'left the factory' currently.

Have a chat with your salesman, as far as I am aware the dealership will have a list of allocated registration numbers that they choose from when registering cars, he may be able to set one aside for you.

Typically though, the car will be registered once it has arrived at the dealership and is PDI'd.

Great; thanks :)
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

Been asking Live Chat all of last week for an update and kept getting told it's on it's way to the port and can take 7 working days to arrive there. Once there they will be able to tell me a date it's due to be shipped. I left it over the weekend and had yesterday off.. got into work this morning, loaded up Live Chat and waheeey... it's on the City of Amsterdam and is due into Sheerness at 11am today according to the Marine Traffic tracker!

I've been told it can take 48 hours to unload, 12 hours in compound and then 7-10 days to the dealership. Fingers crossed I'll have it w/c 16th May at the earliest?!
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

C_Randell_23 wrote:
Essexpologti wrote:Does anyone know if the dealers would change the gti badges to the golf gti badges?
I asked my dealer that exact question and it seemed to confuse him, probably best done by yourself after pick up.

Does anyone know any sites that sell the authentic PP golf gti red badges? I have seen some on sale on ebay but they are £20 each!
I asked my dealer to do this. When they tried, they found that the golf PP badge doesn't fit because the bracket is slightly different. So the only way to do it is pull the letters off the bracket and stick Red GTI letters back on. I have mine ready to put on my new one when it arrives. Image
LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

Wilxay wrote:
C_Randell_23 wrote:

I asked my dealer to do this. When they tried, they found that the golf PP badge doesn't fit because the bracket is slightly different. So the only way to do it is pull the letters off the bracket and stick Red GTI letters back on. I have mine ready to put on my new one when it arrives. Image
Damn really? I've asked my dealer to see if they can swap the badges out too as saw it done a few pages back with no issues but didn't see this before I asked him!

My car has been offloaded at Sheerness, and the boat has gone up to Grimsby. Apparently it'll be in compound for 12 hours (which must be up shortly!) and then fingers crossed it'll be on it's way to the dealership asap! We're only about an hour or so away so touch wood it's a speedy delivery.. can't wait to pick it up!
jacksb7
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by jacksb7 »

So, the letters just come off if you pull them then?
LegoDeano
Getting There!

Post by LegoDeano »

Just been told by my dealership they want £162 to swap the badges over!! :shock:
Essexpologti
New
Drives: Polo gti 2015

Post by Essexpologti »

Going to ask mine soon and see how much they will charge.
Does any one have the cobra alarm upgrade or is it a waste of money?