Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

Re: New GTI

Post by C_Randell_23 »

djbrad wrote:
C_Randell_23 wrote:
djbrad wrote:I've had my new GTI for a few weeks now and I'm loving it apart from one issue, when I reverse then apply the brakes theres a click from the brakes and when i move off forward and first apply the brakes I get the same noise, it also happens occassionally when driving normally. I had the car back to the dealer yesterday and they confirmed what I thought that the pads are moving in the calipers but they have said that this is normal on new GTI's and the brakes just need to bed in. So I was wondering if others have had/have the same problem and if it resolved itself or did your delaer sort it out for you and if so what did they do to resolve it
I had the same clicking noise and the brake squeak. now on 2,500 miles and both are gone
Thanks thats good to know, although with the miles I do it probably means I've got about a year of clicking brakes!
Use it as an excuse to go for a few good drives, find some empty country roads! :lol: :lol:
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

C_Randell_23 wrote:
djbrad wrote:
C_Randell_23 wrote:
I had the same clicking noise and the brake squeak. now on 2,500 miles and both are gone
Thanks thats good to know, although with the miles I do it probably means I've got about a year of clicking brakes!
Use it as an excuse to go for a few good drives, find some empty country roads! :lol: :lol:
I didn't have the clicking noise, but did have the brake squeal, which stopped after a few weeks after taking delivery of the car now that the brakes have bedded in.
djbrad
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by djbrad »

Thanks for the replies, looks like I will have to get some miles on the car quickly and hopefully it will sort itself out
green_comet
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by green_comet »

I get a similar surging when I first start the car and drive off too, if I feather the throttle when pulling away it'll slowly accelerate to a point and then surge very sharply and stop. It's like stomping on the accelerator and instantly letting go, it usually only does it once sometimes twice before going away.
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

green_comet wrote:I get a similar surging when I first start the car and drive off too, if I feather the throttle when pulling away it'll slowly accelerate to a point and then surge very sharply and stop. It's like stomping on the accelerator and instantly letting go, it usually only does it once sometimes twice before going away.
Well described, exactly wat I get, seems not to do so much with 95 Ron fuel
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

Post by C_Randell_23 »

Thought i would try 95 octane in my car on sunday to see if it makes a difference as i had just done 2 full tanks of 97 ron fuel in a week and it hurt my wallet. Must say that the £4 difference on a tank is actually minimal and whilst i cant feel any real change in performance ( only done 20 miles on 95 ron and not pushed yet) i have noticed my commute mpg drop this morning from 43 average to 39 mpg. I have not been experiencing any problems with my car so that wasn't the reason for switching but i think after this tank has burnt away i will be sticking to the more tastier jungle juice, the price difference is literally nothing and the added detergent package to keep the engine clean and better mpg mean i wont be changing my ways any time soon.
jmccann
New
Drives: 6C GTI

Post by jmccann »

Hi guys.. I'm about to bite the bullet and fit some lowering springs to my car.. However, I'm a bit uncertain about the best springs to go for. What is everyone using on the new GTI? I've tried searching but there isn't much feedback on the ride quality.. I use it for a daily so don't want it to ride too hard. Is the VWR a good option? I would ideally like to go lower than that, but if it means an annoyingly hard ride then I'd sacrifice the drop. Also, are there any problems with the weight of the dsg over the front axle?
Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

VWRs are good, I have them as some others here. I can recommend them! Not too low, I think good compromise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Jerry77 wrote:VWRs are good, I have them as some others here. I can recommend them! Not too low, I think good compromise.

Have you any before and after pics with the VWRs fitted??

Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

ImageImageImage

jacksb7
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by jacksb7 »

I have H&R 35/55's and I like the ride. Some people I've had as passengers do think it's too bumpy though in fairness.
Bigfish99
New
Drives: GTI DSG

Post by Bigfish99 »

Jerry77 wrote:ImageImageImage

You have spacers on this? (Im sure I have asked this before but my mind is like a sieve lol) If so any rubbing issues or anything? Cheers!
Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

No problem [emoji3], yes I do. 10mm on each wheel. MTM

Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

Jerry77 wrote:No problem [emoji3], yes I do. 10mm on each wheel. MTM