Just ordered a polo gti

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

Re: Just ordered a polo gti

Post by C_Randell_23 »

I Agree with Joe, sport pack 100% for me otherwise the car feels to soft both suspension wise and steering wise, the car for me is too soft to drive fast in normal mode, you really do benefit from the firmer steering and dampers. Plus depending on your plans for the car i'm sure a car with the sport pack would be more appealing to the second hand market when it comes to selling.

If I were to re spec mine again I would go for the cruise control, and maybe get he car net app aswell.

I can't fault the nav system, the winter pack or the convenience pack although thinking back I could have saved £400 odd on the convenience pack and used my own hands to put the door mirrors in and turn the wipers and lights on :lol: :lol:
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Post by JoeMarano »

Yeah I only have convenience pack as the car already had it at the dealers. If anything it's just another motor to go wrong years down the line!

With the sports pack it's insane value. Remember it's not just the extra noise, it's also the better throttle response, firmer dampers and steering. I'm not such a massive fan of the steering but it's not the worst, certainly helps on track.

On a decent smooth road it's frankly ridiculous what speeds you can achieve in such a small car. The composure and grip levels are frankly ridiculous! I'm a fan of the normal mode for bumpey roads and around town but sports pack is really what you want for out of town and on track it really is that good in my opinion.
spartacus74
New
Drives: 2016 Polo Gti

Post by spartacus74 »

C_Randell_23 wrote:I Agree with Joe, sport pack 100% for me otherwise the car feels to soft both suspension wise and steering wise, the car for me is too soft to drive fast in normal mode, you really do benefit from the firmer steering and dampers. Plus depending on your plans for the car i'm sure a car with the sport pack would be more appealing to the second hand market when it comes to selling.

If I were to re spec mine again I would go for the cruise control, and maybe get he car net app aswell.

I can't fault the nav system, the winter pack or the convenience pack although thinking back I could have saved £400 odd on the convenience pack and used my own hands to put the door mirrors in and turn the wipers and lights on :lol: :lol:
Hi,
I've ordered a Polo Gti as well. If i'm not mistaken, you can still still activate the car net on your polo - all you need is the code from the dealer. If my understanding is correct all the cars have it, it's just not activated until we've paid the premium.
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

So long as the car they looked at for me today is one they can confirm, I've just jumped ship from the BlueGT I bought new in July 2014 to a new Polo GTi - some sort of promo weekend though I never believe that hype, basically they are selling cars that are in production but not yet accounted for or have perhaps been cancelled by the customer.

So with a little over 2 years of age on the BlueGT (which is a fantastic car, love it!), and a small £500 deposit contribution from me, the 3dr GTi is going to set me back £265 per month. It had four-corner parking sensors included, CarNet (which being the only Windows Phone user in the UK, I can't use!) and is in red. No other additions, though I'll be opting for car mats and the 2yr service plan at pickup.

The BlueGT (also 3dr with a few option packs) was costing me £247 a month so not really anything of consequence in the change of costs, plus another free years insurance and I'm doing way less miles now so not as much need for the fuel savings on the BlueGT which saw me averaging 49mpg after two years.

Really looking forward to it, should hear on Tuesday next week that they've secured the car and when it'll turn up :) Seems the new 1.8 engine is great and I'm hoping the larger brake discs give a bit more sharpness than the smaller BlueGT ones. It's basically the MK2 Golf GTi I never managed to own!
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

JoeMarano wrote:As someone that has used their car on track a few times i would definately recommend the sports pack. Can't imagine driving on track without it to be honest. Road driving i normally turn it off but its so, so worth it.

Also as someone without cruise and climate control i would recommend those as i have found myself wanting those two features at times.
Fairly easy to retrofit cruise - just takes a bit of time.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

nry wrote:So long as the car they looked at for me today is one they can confirm, I've just jumped ship from the BlueGT I bought new in July 2014 to a new Polo GTi - some sort of promo weekend though I never believe that hype, basically they are selling cars that are in production but not yet accounted for or have perhaps been cancelled by the customer.

It had four-corner parking sensors included, CarNet (which being the only Windows Phone user in the UK, I can't use!) and is in red. No other additions, though I'll be opting for car mats and the 2yr service plan at pickup.

Really looking forward to it, should hear on Tuesday next week that they've secured the car and when it'll turn up :) Seems the new 1.8 engine is great and I'm hoping the larger brake discs give a bit more sharpness than the smaller BlueGT ones. It's basically the MK2 Golf GTi I never managed to own!
Nry; No need to get car mats when you pick up your GTI as the Polo GTI comes with black carpet mats edged with red piping as standard. I never owed a MK2 Golf either (I was into fast Fords in the 80's), although I wish I had. If you've enjoyed your BlueGT, then you'll certainly like your GTI, and if it's already in production, not long to wait!
jordank94
New
Drives: Polo 6c gti

Post by jordank94 »

What size brake disks are the polo 6c gti running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Post by JoeMarano »

312mm
mikemod
New
Drives: GTI

Post by mikemod »

spartacus74 wrote: Hi,
I've ordered a Polo Gti as well. If i'm not mistaken, you can still still activate the car net on your polo - all you need is the code from the dealer. If my understanding is correct all the cars have it, it's just not activated until we've paid the premium.
My wife just got a new Polo last month, forgot to tick the Car Net Option but have been told it is not possible to enable it on her radio.
Nic382
New
Drives: 1.8 gti

Post by Nic382 »

I just ordered a 5dr standard manual. Pleased with my deal as only put £400 down and £262 a month. Also got a full tank and service plan thrown in. Would have been cheaper but £2.5k negative equity on px so it's actually bit of a blinder. Helps as a worked as a sales executive for Honda so know how to play the game, another bonus is the years free insurance!.. Roll on November
MczZippy
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C - Flash Red

Post by MczZippy »

looks like you'll get yours at the same time as mine :) is yours showing on the vw order tracker yet nic382?
Harris91
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Harris91 »

I Placed an order 2 weeks ago for a white 3dr dsg gti for £199 a month with a £597 deposit.
Grizzlydean
New
Drives: Polo 6n2

Post by Grizzlydean »

Had a phone call the other day, that my polo should be here this week! Cant wait!
Yogib68
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Yogib68 »

Just ordered a 5 door standard in black, decided personal lease was the way forward to avoid depreciation and in 2 years we hand it back and order a new one. Terms 3+23 £597 upfront and £199 a month including maintenance (tyres, tax, service,roadside recovery for the term)
Nic382
New
Drives: 1.8 gti

Post by Nic382 »

MczZippy wrote:looks like you'll get yours at the same time as mine :) is yours showing on the vw order tracker yet nic382?
Not yet, only got the order number Friday. Expecting Nov delivery. Too bloody long!