New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Re: New GTI

Post by nats148 »

SRGTD wrote:
nats148 wrote:I was umming and arring over Silk Blue but when I saw one in the flesh I thought it looked a little dull - but yours looks lovely SRGTD :D
Thanks nats148. Blue Silk does seem to be very light sensitive and in overcast conditions looks very different to the photo I posted above. You'll see my solution to whiteworm corrosion on VW's persistence of putting diamond cut alloys on their cars; swap them for a more durable set of wheels :D

I also think a bit of polish and wax makes a difference which the ones I'd seen hadn't been treated to :roll: wouldn't have been an issue for me really though :lol:

I like those, a good solution.

I've emailed the service desk today and asked whether they think it'll be covered by warranty :?
GeorgeS78
New
Drives: Polo 9N3 soon to be 6C GTI

Post by GeorgeS78 »

Love the colour, hadn't seen it until I picked mine up and comes up a treat when cleanImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Looks good George. Maybe it's a Blue Silk thing but I see you've ditched the diamond cut alloys too.
GeorgeS78
New

Post by GeorgeS78 »

SRGTD wrote:Looks good George. Maybe it's a Blue Silk thing but I see you've ditched the diamond cut alloys too.
Yeah I have but use the standards still occasionally when the weather isn't great as whites a pain to keep clean

LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

GeorgeS78 wrote:
SRGTD wrote:Looks good George. Maybe it's a Blue Silk thing but I see you've ditched the diamond cut alloys too.
Yeah I have but use the standards still occasionally when the weather isn't great as whites a pain to keep clean

Caught your car outside Cineworld last night mate - looks awesome! Mine was parked on the end near yours looking absolutely filthy. Didn't see anyone around otherwise I would have said hi.

Hope you didn't get a ticket? I caught a traffic warden about but he seemed to ignore your car and walk off down towards Hollywood bowl.
GeorgeS78
New

Post by GeorgeS78 »

LegoDeano wrote:
GeorgeS78 wrote:

Caught your car outside Cineworld last night mate - looks awesome! Mine was parked on the end near yours looking absolutely filthy. Didn't see anyone around otherwise I would have said hi.

Hope you didn't get a ticket? I caught a traffic warden about but he seemed to ignore your car and walk off down towards Hollywood bowl.
Ahh I see, wondered if it was anyone's on here. Didn't get a ticket so it was all good, saw him and just kept watch of him

GeorgeS78
New

Post by GeorgeS78 »

LegoDeano wrote:
GeorgeS78 wrote:

Ahh I see, wondered if it was anyone's on here. Didn't get a ticket so it was all good, saw him and just kept watch of him

Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

Hey guys, did someone install the Revo Stage 1 software already? I am going to install it this Thursday, let you know how is it.

green_comet
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by green_comet »

Jerry77 wrote:Hey guys, did someone install the Revo Stage 1 software already? I am going to install it this Thursday, let you know how is it.
Keep us updated, I'm interested to see how you get on.
Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

I will! [emoji3]

Bigfish99
New
Drives: GTI DSG

Post by Bigfish99 »

Jerry77 wrote:I will! [emoji3]

Manual or DSG have you got?

Jerry77
Getting There!

New GTI

Post by Jerry77 »

I have a manual. But I choose the low boost Stage 1, as Revo said when you are worry about clutch. So expecting about 220hp and 375Nm.
Little update, going for it tomorrow morning, didn't have time during the week. So review tomorrow!

Jerry77
Getting There!

New GTI

Post by Jerry77 »

Revo Stage 1 "low boost" installed! Very nice change, I can highly recommend it! Definitely more power thru all rpm range. Especially higher torque push you in to the seat! Really good upgrade, it took about 20 minutes to flash the ECU. I have the 98 octane map, low boost. Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
attim
New
Drives: 2016 6c GTI in black

Post by attim »

I was really interested in remap but loosing warranty, at least for the engine, pushed me out of this. Turbochargers are likely to fail in these cars...
Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

Well, what I have read, they collapsed in standard cars too. The software is almost undetected, we try it today in VW service and car seems like oem.