Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
chrisfernandez
New
Drives: Vw Polo 6c Gti/Wrc

Re: RE: Re: BMS JB1 Performance Tuner

Post by chrisfernandez »

Dink wrote:
dtuk_polo wrote:Hi all,

I was reading over the post and I'm aware that JB1 adjusts fuel and boost to keep the AFR in line... well after looking at the photographs above if you have a look at the user adjustable settings and all of the fuel settings are set to 0.... so it seems that JB1 is a bit well.... i'll let you guys finish off that sentence.

Just a heads up incase you're buying a JB1 based on that fact.
well tbh all tuning boxes are just a bit, well you know :roll:
Flash is best. But im playing safe for now.
Will frandr tune or revo flash once my is20 turbo upgrade is done.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
dtuk_polo
New
Drives: DTUK Tuned Polo GTI

Re: BMS JB1 Performance Tuner

Post by dtuk_polo »

I would recommend the DTUK FSR+ dyno proven at 243.5bhp / 268lbft on a DSG and 243.5bhp / 295lbft on a manual. But everyones opinions different and will always go for different products...
dtuk_polo
New
Drives: DTUK Tuned Polo GTI

Post by dtuk_polo »

Dink wrote:

I was reading over the post and I'm aware that JB1 adjusts fuel and boost to keep the AFR in line... well after looking at the photographs above if you have a look at the user adjustable settings and all of the fuel settings are set to 0.... so it seems that JB1 is a bit well.... i'll let you guys finish off that sentence.

I'm running a full plug and play tuning system from DTUK and had no issues on my DSG car running 260bhp/275lbft... cars nearly done 27,000 miles in 9 months and never skipped a beat.
chrisfernandez
New

Post by chrisfernandez »

dtuk_polo wrote:I would recommend the DTUK FSR+ dyno proven at 243.5bhp / 268lbft on a DSG and 243.5bhp / 295lbft on a manual. But everyones opinions different and will always go for different products...
True ... thats good gains. Ive got a mate that have a dtuk unit in his 7r . Madd power

chrisfernandez
New

Post by chrisfernandez »

dtuk_polo wrote:
Dink wrote:

I'm running a full plug and play tuning system from DTUK and had no issues on my DSG car running 260bhp/275lbft... cars nearly done 27,000 miles in 9 months and never skipped a beat.
Thats awesome. My dream is 250bhp ... then im happy for now.

Mayhem
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 polo 1.2 tsi

Post by Mayhem »

WULLIE
New
Drives: 2015 GTI 6C

Post by WULLIE »

The screen you see on that post is not purely for the JB1. The settings for fuel is done by the box. Only user settings changed on that is the boost (boost above standard) and the boost safety.

The JB1 adjusts fuelling based on the boost pressure as its required. Which I believe is unlike the DTUK which requires the AFR to be read by the ecu, which detects it leaning out (more air from boost) The ecu then enriches the afr to suit. So initially when getting on it the car is running lean until the ecu detects it.