Addictive Acceleration - $%$£ing 'ell

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Gee40
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 6c GTI (manual), 1982 Mk1Golf GTI

Addictive Acceleration - $%$£ing 'ell

Post by Gee40 »

Over the years I've been blessed with owning some iconic performance hot hatches/performance cars - Mk1 Campaign GTi ( still owned ) Peugeot 205 1.8 D ( don't ask ha ha) Mk2 GTi 16v, G40, 225 Audi TT, T5 Volvo, BMW 330d Coupe, 28i sdrive BMW Z4, BMW 125d and now the 6c GTI, and unless its the Saga brochure creeping up on me, now the Polo has just been run in, it feels as fast as any of them if not faster. I know that on paper the Z4 and the 330d coupe were faster, but It really doesn't feel that way.

Only a 2 week holiday romance with an RS6 felt faster (NASA Training provided)

What's going on, are VW sand bagging with the quoted performance figures ? and all for group 29!!!!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Addictive Acceleration - $%$£ing 'ell

Post by RUM4MO »

RS6, stop it, that is not good for you, I've got an lowly B8 S4 and that is good enough for me - on high days and holidays and when I know I'll be parking where it will be safe!
Saga brochures, yes and stair lifts brochures, why can't they leave us old buggars alone!
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Post by JoeMarano »

A few people on the facebook group have had over 200-210 bhp standard on the dyno so quite possibly!
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

JoeMarano wrote:A few people on the facebook group have had over 200-210 bhp standard on the dyno so quite possibly!
mine was 167 at the wheels which came back 213bhp calculated at the fly (only ever had vpower nitro mega blaster :lol: )

could be why this car has got me my first speeding points
Spag_bol
New
Drives: Polo GTi

Post by Spag_bol »

I'm also addicted to putting my foot down on my GTI (dsg) and seeing as I leave the house at 5am every morning for work, there's nothing in my way.. :)
Lad from work was behind me one morning last week at lights as I pulled off, he couldn't wait to make comment how great it sounded! :D
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Post by JoeMarano »

After making some videos where I can hear the car from the outside its actually quite a good noise! Shame we can never hear it in the car!