Steering wheel replacement

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
samehtolba
New
Drives: 6R

Steering wheel replacement

Post by samehtolba »

Hello
I have polo 6R 1.4 and the steering wheel is totally empty no functions at all, I want to replace it to a new one with multi-function one, what do I need to do/avoid to avoid any errors or it would be totally bad idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ash6R
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 1.2 TSI SEL

Re: Steering wheel replacement

Post by Ash6R »

Im looking to replace my steering wheel as well, but with an aftermarket one. How easy would that be?
EdwardBall
New
Drives: Lowered Polo 6R

Post by EdwardBall »

Ash6R wrote:Im looking to replace my steering wheel as well, but with an aftermarket one. How easy would that be?
Just this morning I bought all the parts for my aftermarket steering wheel, as I never use the steering wheel controls and the basic steering wheel is fairly unappealing, coupled with the sky high prices of OEM upgrade options. I got everything I think I need (boss, wheel, quick release kit) for under £100 ,but as per usual it won't be that straight forward. The wheel has a horn button, but especially the quick release will complicate this I would think. In terms of doing the install, there are many guides out there for upgrading wheels on the 6R, and it's not that hard. If you wait a week or so until all my parts arrive and I have time, if you're interested I'll make a quick guide with some pictures, since I haven't seen one for a non-stock wheel as of yet.
samehtolba
New
Drives: 6R

Post by samehtolba »

EdwardBall wrote:
Ash6R wrote:Im looking to replace my steering wheel as well, but with an aftermarket one. How easy would that be?
Just this morning I bought all the parts for my aftermarket steering wheel, as I never use the steering wheel controls and the basic steering wheel is fairly unappealing, coupled with the sky high prices of OEM upgrade options. I got everything I think I need (boss, wheel, quick release kit) for under £100 ,but as per usual it won't be that straight forward. The wheel has a horn button, but especially the quick release will complicate this I would think. In terms of doing the install, there are many guides out there for upgrading wheels on the 6R, and it's not that hard. If you wait a week or so until all my parts arrive and I have time, if you're interested I'll make a quick guide with some pictures, since I haven't seen one for a non-stock wheel as of yet.
Perfect, will you also mention where you bought the parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Air bag?
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »