2012 1.4 GTI Exhaust on a non turbo 1.4?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Wruchamps
New
Drives: 2016 Polo GTi stage 1 250hp

2012 1.4 GTI Exhaust on a non turbo 1.4?

Post by Wruchamps »

Hey guys,

simple really, im looking for an exhaust on my 1.4 polo non turbo 5dr, and im looking at the cobra system, but i can only find it for the 1.4 GTI, just want to know would it fit the non turbo version? or would it be better asking cobra themselves for a custom, if they can do it?

or do you guys know any good systems? or should i see what some custom companies can do in my area i know of 3?

thanks in advance. 8)
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: 2012 1.4 GTI Exhaust on a non turbo 1.4?

Post by Dink »

Don't know what part of Wales you are in.

If you go custom then go to prospeed in Cardiff.
Wruchamps
New

Post by Wruchamps »

Live in cardiff, pro speed is literally down the road, was thinking of them and other two we're, caerphilly long life and powerlfow in newport.
Will go to prospeed for a quote soon cheers. 8)
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

i'm sure the guy there is charlie he's mad as a box of frogs

he made a custom one with sports cat on a clio it was loud but had a lovely tone
Gee40
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 6c GTI (manual), 1982 Mk1Golf GTI

Post by Gee40 »

Wruchamps wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:27 pm Hey guys,

simple really, im looking for an exhaust on my 1.4 polo non turbo 5dr, and im looking at the cobra system, but i can only find it for the 1.4 GTI, just want to know would it fit the non turbo version? or would it be better asking cobra themselves for a custom, if they can do it?

or do you guys know any good systems? or should i see what some custom companies can do in my area i know of 3?

thanks in advance. 8)
Shame you are so far from Ormskirk where Pipewerx are based. They are a custom exhaust maker and are owned/part owned ( not sure which ) by Ian Birch who was huge in the VW modifying world in the 80s/90s owning Dubsport.

I took my wife's Alfa Romeo there for a custom stainless exhaust system asking for a copy of the standard system with a slightly bigger tail pipe to fit the bumper cut out better and no extra sound. What I got was a copy of the original system with a slightly bigger tail pipe, no extra sound and according to the boys at my local garage, welds of the absolute highest quality. Cost £375 inc VAT for the full system fitted.

Will be taking my Mk1 Golf GTI there for the same when the exhaust needs replacing - highly recommended
Wruchamps
New

Post by Wruchamps »

Dink wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:41 pm i'm sure the guy there is charlie he's mad as a box of frogs

he made a custom one with sports cat on a clio it was loud but had a lovely tone
Sounds good mate will soon cheers
Wruchamps
New

Post by Wruchamps »

thanks in advance. 8)
[/quote]

Shame you are so far from Ormskirk where Pipewerx are based. They are a custom exhaust maker and are owned/part owned ( not sure which ) by Ian Birch who was huge in the VW modifying world in the 80s/90s owning Dubsport.

I took my wife's Alfa Romeo there for a custom stainless exhaust system asking for a copy of the standard system with a slightly bigger tail pipe to fit the bumper cut out better and no extra sound. What I got was a copy of the original system with a slightly bigger tail pipe, no extra sound and according to the boys at my local garage, welds of the absolute highest quality. Cost £375 inc VAT for the full system fitted.

Will be taking my Mk1 Golf GTI there for the same when the exhaust needs replacing - highly recommended
[/quote]

Sounds awesome man, would love to go there, but it is realy far lol, just want a nice gti sound tbh but sounds good.