RCD360 Battery drain

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Echo_Wick
New
Drives: 2014 6R Match, GT Conversion

RCD360 Battery drain

Post by Echo_Wick »

Hey all,

Yes, this is yet another RCD360 post, sadly the ones I've seen always trash on them but never really give a solution on how to solve the issue. (Tried both No-name and Lemonshark)

I've checked many, MANY sites and tried different adapters, which visually look like they solve the issue (lights sync up with car and it turns off when ignition is off etc) but I'm still having battery drain.

When contacting the Chinese companies, they always come back with "Oh you need to change your Canbus" but as I'm aware, the units needed or been sent are only for Golf and Passat.

How it started, I noticed my car usually dies when I leave the USB cable in the Unit but not really fully tested it to see if that's the issue as its more of a coincidence.

I have juggled the idea of jury-rigging the 6C MiB2 unit as I've seen it done in a post on here, but with the cost of the loom, CP removal... I scrapped the idea pretty quickly.

Darn it all I wanted is a unit that's not Android, cheap and looked relatively factory XD
The car I have is an early 2014 6R Match edition which originally came with a DAB+ 310 which I upgraded with a 510 with DAB+ and thanks for reading.