touch up paint

Detailing & Bodywork
Polo_Gio
Silver Member

touch up paint

Post by Polo_Gio »

Hey guys wheres the best place to buy touch up sticks.....my paint code is LA5C which i beleive is surf blue....

I'm thinking you's are gonna say VW, if so whats the damage?

cheers
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Bumped to Car Care.

Halfords or VW sell this stuff, costs only minor money. I'm not a fan though, apply only if you know what you're doing - I've seen snail trails too often to be impressed by touch up pens...
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

yep, i've got plenty of them - and i followed all the instructions to and beyond the letter. knackered meself and it still looks dodgy.

haven't given it any T-cut since, though, perhaps it might blend ok?
bstardchild

Re: touch up paint

Post by bstardchild »

Polo_Gio wrote:Hey guys wheres the best place to buy touch up sticks.....my paint code is LA5C which i beleive is surf blue....

I'm thinking you's are gonna say VW, if so whats the damage?

cheers
Yep VW - Halfrauds stuff is a mile out colour wise IMHO
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

The VW stuff is what you want, other touch up paints don't really match properly. It's only about £3.50 / pot and it's a lot of stone chips worth. You do have to be careful to get it right, but it can look alright if done properly. Just go over the chip with the stiff wire brush in the cap of the VW touch up paint, take all the rust off and take the surrounding paint back about 1/2 cm or so, then clean it and put a very light coat of touch up paint on. If you screw up, let it dry and sand it off, don't try to correct it because the paint goes from liquid to a kind of sticky gel really quickly and it'll look horrible if you try to interfere. Anyway, once you've done that, leave it a week and then give it a good hard rub with t-cut to blend it in, and it should look fine.