TIP: the best and easiest way ive found to get a deep shine

Detailing & Bodywork
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

TIP: the best and easiest way ive found to get a deep shine

Post by polo2k »

after id moved to france one of the first things i wanted to do to my polo was wax it because it had been sat at VW for 3 months waiting for me so i went to the garage where i now work and asked for some polishing cloth to which i was gteeted with one of those WTF??? looks so i took the best they had and decided to try it
as it turns out the best they had was a couple of kilos of cotton woll but i was amazed at the shine i got. i firstly used it for removing the haze but then the next time i waxed my car i decided to use the same ball of cotton woll and stuff it inside some real polishing cloth and increace the bulk there fore meaning i get more even pressure but a sorter surface
i recoment you all to try this even if you just gert some old soft rags (or socks or somthing) and put them inside your polishing cloth as it really helps
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

I use those cotton baby diapers. They're very very soft and are also great for polishing.
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Good tip. 100% cotton is a must, any synthetic material in your cloth will leave hazes, swirl marks, and so on... Not good.

8)