My cupra (new IHI monster pg3 & dyno vid pg10)

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

chris - i'll see what i can do 8)

tom - yeah definately...call me closer to the time
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

fancy a spin tonight? Need some fast driving after a week off ha! :)
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

yoyo, well give me a bell whenever mate, jules is down as we have graduation tomorrow so i'm gonna drag him out at some point to get this vid footage, we might be going out though so sooner rather than later!
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

just quick question mate you know the cai you had on your old cupra do you know if it was the one from ebay??? for the golf etc??

and where did your cone sit??
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

cai? im guessing you mean air feed pipe? i'm not entirely sure where it came from, its either custom made or from a&m motorsport as its very similar to the IC piping.

...i'm on the lookout for one myself as it makes dump sounds alot louder. The open cone filter was located literally right behind my near side fog light

Only thing putting me off is i've heard a few horror stories of filters sucking up large amounts of water going through a puddle causing engine failure..not sure if its just a myth though
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

yeah i quite fancy one also look the nuts!!!

well theres this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK4-20V-T ... 240%3A1318

and this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COLD-AIR-INDUCTIO ... 240%3A1318

i was also a bit unsure about it sucking wate but some guys on cupra net have chopped them down!

are these what yours looked like?
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

i think mine was a fair bit longer...but they are definately similar :

if you do it i'd get it all the way to the front fog...i imagine it doesnt sound as good the more u cut it down..just dont drive through big puddles...

let me know how you get on
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

got to say im tempted by one!

Will look into it!
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

Finally got one or two pics of the car, gave it a massive clean, attacked the wheels that looked a state, they came up really well....so well infact i dont think they need a refurb :

and one at the local meet:

Hopefully i'll rope alex into bringing his SLR out so i can get some decent pics..only thing ive done modding wise is a new front cupra badge & the wheel whores sticker which im not sure about...but it is lairy lol!

Saving all my money at the mo for the big engine overhaul...once thats done i'll be throwing money at some big mods...got ALOT planned
adam_0612
Gold Member

Post by adam_0612 »

looking good 8)
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

looks good mate, im with you on the sticker not sure about it?

when you getting some cupra headlights on there??
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Looking great mate. What happened to the splitter?!
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

stani - It's on my list of things to do but not high priority...in the flesh the lights actually look quite nice but i will eventually sort out a new set...as for the sticker..im gonna leave it for now & decide later

tim - strange you shoud say that, im sure there was one on there when i picked the car up...but it had disappeared by the time I'd driven to toms the next day, its very low & still scrapes so for now its not a good idea

On a much worse note...i got caught last night following a civic..it flew past me at 100+ and i was an idiot and followed...what i didnt realise was an undercover police officer was following him from a distance for a mile or so already...by the time i caught up with the civic he had his blue lights on and had pulled us both...I know i'll probably get an earbashing on here...but it was an empty straight dual carriageway late in the evening and i gave into a bit of temptation...could be facing the full wrath of the law though and loosing my license, the guy had video cam footage of the whole thing..and although friendly and understanding he said theres not alot he can do, the footage will decide whether i get 'dangerous driving' or 'driving without due cause and attention' ...either way points and possibly disqualification are on the cards...only thing swinging in my favour is my totally clean record of all 3 years since i passed my test
Last edited by shantybeater on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh there's one in the picture you first posted!

That sucks mate. I was looking at the laws on 'dangerous driving' last night, you DO NOT want to go down that road. I relaly hope it works out alright for you.
stani540
Gold Member

Post by stani540 »

yeah thats awful mate, lets hope the decision goes the right way!

do you need your license for your job may be a good get out of jail card!